Mauviel Copper Saucepan
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
You would be hard-pressed to improve on this saucepan crafted in France by Mauviel 1830, renowned for fine copperware. A cookware material favored by professional chefs, copper is unrivaled in its ability to heat and cool quickly in reaction to heat-level changes.
- 1.5mm copper construction provides excellent heat conductivity and temperature control.
- Ideal for cooking delicate sauce, grains, vegetables and hot cereals.
- Stainless-steel interior is nonreactive and easy to clean.
- Rolled rim facilitates dripless pouring.
- Domed lid circulates heat and locks in moisture.
- Riveted, comfortably angled bronze handle.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Made from 1.5mm-gauge copper.
- 1 1/4-Qt. Saucepan: 5 1/2" diam.; 5 1/2" high; 1-qt. 6-oz. cap.; 2 lb. with lid.
- 2-Qt. Saucepan: 6 3/4" diam.; 6 1/4" high; 1-qt. 28-oz. cap.; 3 lb. with lid.
- 2 3/4-Qt. Saucepan: 7" diam., 6 1/2" high; 2-qt. 22-oz. cap.; 3 lb. 8 oz. with lid.
- 3 1/2-Qt. Saucepan: 8" diam., 7 1/2" high; 3-qt. 19-oz. cap.; 7 lb. 9 oz. with lid.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for gas and electric cooktops.
- Oven and broiler safe.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Hand-wash; dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads or harsh detergents.
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. This will not affect the pan's cooking performance. To keep the exterior looking new, use a copper polish or a combination of lemon and salt.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
Next Day Delivery
- More about Mauviel
In 1830, Ernest Mauviel established his namesake cookware company in Villedieu-les-Poêles in Normandy. The village had a long history of outstanding metal work; the locals were considered experts in the craft. Today, much of the manufacturing is still done by hand using traditional processes passed down through generations of copper makers. True to France’s rich culinary history, Mauviel 1830 is a favorite in professional kitchens, where copper's quick, even heat conductivity is essential for making delicates sauces and other French classics. Mauviel now also offers stainless-steel collections crafted with the same attention to detail as its traditional copper cookware.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Joliemoi from Beautifully made!! After ditching all of my non-stick cookware, I decided to finally purchase all French cookware! So far this little beauty is amazing!! Quickly heats up on low heat, therefore cooking oatmeal, sauces quickly. Even after I accidentally turned on the wrong flame and it tarnished a little it was ok bc I used their Copperbrill and restored it to its natural shine. I did my reasearch and it may take more taking care of and careful use, but it’s very much and investment! The lid does heat up but that’s not so much of an issue bc I have mits and kitchen towels. Can’t wait for the rest of my Mauviel pans to come in.Date published: 2019-02-04Rated 5 out of 5 by upscalebohemian from Excellent Quality Many people may prefer the less heavy weight of this 1.5 mm set compared to the 2 mm set. It's truly beautiful, but note the description is wrong. This set does not have the feature that says "rolled rim facilitates dripless pouring." That feature is on the more expensive 2 mm thick series Mauviel available from Williams-Sonoma. These 1.5 mm pots have rims that are straight up, not that curve out. (Look at the two sets and compare the frying pan (since it doesn't have a lid on in the pictures) and you'll see the difference. The other pots are the say way. 2 mm thick curves out, 1.5 mm set is straight up and down. Either way, I've never found the rolled rim to be much different than the straight up version when pouring, so it's not a big deal. These are gorgeous and easy to polish, but the main thing is copper cooks like nothing else and is super responsive to temperature changes. I can't even stand All-Clad after using Mauviel copper.Date published: 2015-09-07
Does the handle on this get hot?Hi Beth, Yes, the bronze handle gets hot. Use a potholder or oven mitt to hold the handle.Date published: 2019-02-19