- Vendor Shipped
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Lobster Newburg debuted at the legendary Delmonico's restaurant in the 19th century, and it’s been a classic for special-occasion dining every since. Our updated version is made by a New England family seafood company, whose award-winning chefs combine sweet, tender chunks of fresh Maine lobster with a rich sherry cream sauce. We've also included buttery puff pastry shells, ready to bake in the oven.
- 1 qt. Lobster Newburg; eight 4"-diam. pastry shells.
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in the USA.
- A Williams Sonoma exclusive.
- Use & Care
- The lobster Newburg ships frozen with dry ice. Please take care not to touch the dry ice with bare hands.Refrigerate or freeze upon receipt. The lobster Newburg keeps up to 4 days refrigerated or up to 3 months frozen.
- 8 frozen sheets of puff pastry
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tsp. water
- 1 container lobster Newburg, thawed overnight in the refrigerator
- Preheat an oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Generously prick the tops of the frozen puff pastry with the tines of a fork or toothpick. Brush the tops with the egg mixture. Place the pastries on the prepared baking sheet, spacing them evenly apart. Bake until the pastries have puffed up, are golden on the tops and bottoms, and are firm along the sides, about 30 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely. Using a sharp paring knife, cut out the inside round of each pastry; reserve both pieces.
- Put the thawed lobster Newburg in a saucepan, set over medium heat and cook, stirring, until warmed through, about 15 minutes. Set the puff pastry rims on a plate and spoon the lobster Newburg into the pastry shells. Cover each with an inside round. Serve immediately.
- Lobster Newburg: Heavy cream, lobster, whole milk, water, modified food starch, butter, lobster base (cooked lobster, salt, maltodextrin, tomato paste, flavor [autolyzed yeast extract, corn syrup solids, salt, citric acid], natural flavor, cod liver oil, butter, sweet whey, onion powder, dextrose, oleoresin paprika, flavorings) tomato paste, sugar, paprika, nutmeg, black pepper.
- Pastry shells: USDA grade AA butter, unbleached flour, water, salt, lemon juice.
Please allow 2-7 business days for processing and delivery. This gives our artisan partners time to prepare your order with exceptional care and attention to detail. A more accurate delivery date will be quoted on the payment page. Perishable food items are not eligible for rush shipping. Please not that we do not ship perishable food items outside the contiguous 48 states or to P.O. Boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 1 out of 5 by Disappointed from Lobster was stale and tough. The sauce was bland. I ordered this expecting a high quality meal. The lobster was tough, stale and fishy and the sauce had no flavor. It was inedible. We had to throw it out.Date published: 2018-02-13Rated 5 out of 5 by Michigan1 from New tradition We have ordered this three times now, and paired with beef tenderloin has become our Christmas dinner surf and turf tradition. It is SO simple, but tasted as though we spent hours on it. Elegant Christmas dinner while still allowing time for the most important things.Date published: 2014-11-02Rated 5 out of 5 by Julie13 from The next best thing to restaurant L.N. I LOVE Lobster Newburg but haven't had any since leaving my beloved NYC. So I couldn't resist when I saw this. It's very good, a little taste of hom. Sauce & lobster sweet and delicious. It isn't difficult to make. I'd been hoarding it in fact, and my 86 y/o Mother found it and made it - her speed is generally runs to Schwanns and canned soup casseroles. (she liked the Newburg too) The only special thing you need to fix it is parchment paper for the pastry, which is shamefully buttery. All in all, very pleased with this.Date published: 2014-02-07Rated 3 out of 5 by huri999 from mixed reviews The pastry is outstanding, light and flaky however, after warming up the newburgh sauce it becomes watery! Taste is lovely but texture makes pastry soggy. This is disappointing. Ruins the dish.Date published: 2012-03-17