Lemon Tree in Terra-Cotta Pot
- Online Only
- Vendor Shipped
Our potted Meyer lemon tree can be grown and harvested on a patio or in a sunny kitchen. Sweeter, juicier and more fragrant than ordinary lemons, Meyer lemons are wonderful as a garnish for cocktails, tossed into a stir-fry to provide a citrusy zing, grated over dishes or eaten right off the tree. The white flowers are most notable for their creamy, delicate tropical fragrance.
- Shipped to you from the California grower in a 6" diam. terra-cotta pot that displays natural signs of weathering.
- Tree arrives approx. 18" high and can eventually reach a mature height of 4' or 5'.
- Tree may not bear fruit the first year.
- Care instructions are included.
- Can only be shipped within the 48 contiguous states. Agricultural regulations prohibit shipments to Florida and Texas.
- Use & Care
- Important: Please water tree immediately upon arrival.
- Citrus grows best between 55°F and 85°F. Indoor temperatures averaging 65°F are conducive to growth if light is adequate.
- Expose your tree to light that is as bright as possible but avoid excess heat, as this will dry out the soil too quickly. Citrus like 6 to 12 hours of sunlight a day. A location that provides morning sun or filtered light throughout the day is ideal. When grown indoors, the tree should be kept a minimum of 24 inches from a window as the window will act as a magnifying glass and cause the leaves to burn.
- Water the tree as needed to keep the soil moist but not wet. Watering frequency varies with location, tree size and climate and should be monitored and changed as local conditions change. Vital nutrients are flushed from the soil with each watering and need to be replenished. Citrus are heavy feeders in the summer months and should be fertilized once a week in the summer and every two weeks in the spring and fall. Your local nursery should have an adequate liquid fertilizer available; make sure it includes iron, manganese and zinc. Wilted leaves indicate too little watering; yellowing leaves can indicate lack of fertilizer or overwatering.
- Pruning is fine any time of year but should be avoided in winter for trees grown outdoors. Prune to shape as you desire, keeping in mind the small-scale size of the plant and its container. Flowers will appear from small shoots that originate where the leaves meet the stem. The tree flowers sporadically throughout the year, heaviest in the spring. If too much new growth is produced at the branch tips, don’t be shy about cutting it back to a lower position to shorten the tree’s height and encourage branching. Occasional pruning of leggy branches will help the tree look fuller. Very leggy branches can indicate the need for more light. Remove the tree from its pot every two to three years and remove about one-third of the roots. Re-pot with a blended potting soil; this will encourage new roots and keep the tree growing happily.
- Keep the tree from extreme cold temperatures in a bright location through the winter. Depending on your location, you could leave it outside in a frost-free area or in a bright, warm room if freezing temperatures occur. Heated rooms may need additional humidity to help the leaves stay lush. As old leaves fall off, fertilize regularly to create new growth and keep the tree productive.
This item will be shipped directly from the manufacturer and is not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow up to one week for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.