Le Marais Meyer Lemon Kouign Amann
- Vendor Shipped
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
Brighten any day with these sunny lemon pastries from San Francisco's legendary Le Marais Bakery. An unforgettable dessert or brunch treat, these luxurious pastries are a delectable riff on the classic French kouign amann – a Breton specialty whose name means "butter cake." They're handcrafted from layers of sweet, buttery viennoiserie dough that bake into crisp, flaky, golden cakes resembling a deliciously caramelized croissant. Inside, you'll find a rich, creamy filling that blends sweet vanilla buttercream with a tangy Meyer lemon jam. As easy to prepare as they are delicious, the pastries arrive frozen, ready to bake and serve warm from the oven.
- 12 pastries. (2 lb. 2 oz. total)
- Shipped frozen.
- To prepare, let frozen pastries thaw for 8 hours, brush with egg wash and bake (see Use & Care for preparation details).
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Kouign amann are shipped frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during shipment. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands. Upon receipt, immediately store in the freezer, where the pastry will keep up to 90 days.
- Place kouign amann in buttered cups of standard muffin pan and defrost in the refrigerator overnight. Gently push into cups before baking. Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix one egg with one teaspoon of water and lightly brush egg wash over pastries. Place muffin pan on a rimmed baking sheet in case of overflow. Bake for 20–25 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Base: All-purpose flour, butter, starter, high gluten flour, milk, sugar, salt, yeast (osmo), malt.
- Filling: Buttercream (Sugar, butter, cream, vanilla) and Meyer lemon jam (Meyer lemons and sugar)
Please allow up to two weeks for processing and delivery of perishable items, which are shipped two-day delivery to ensure freshness. Perishable items are not eligible for rush shipping. We do not ship perishable items outside the contiguous 48 states or P.O. Boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Returns Policy.
- More About Le Marais bakery
Le Marais Bakery in San Francisco is winning top reviews for its authentic French croissants that whisk you away to Paris with their dreamy-light textures and superb flavors. Owner Patrick Ascaso, inspired by the boulangerie of his childhood in Arpajon, France, opened Le Marais in 2013. His recipes marry classic European techniques with fresh local California ingredients. All of the bakery's doughs are made in the artisanal tradition, with natural starters and long fermentation periods, hand mixed and rolled in small batches each day. Williams Sonoma is pleased to partner with Le Marais so that customers can bake and enjoy these amazing pastries at home.