Le Marais Chocolate Kouign Amann, Set of 10
- Vendor Shipped
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Since opening in 2013, Le Marais Bakery in San Francisco has wowed customers with authentic French croissants that transport them to Paris with every flaky, buttery bite. Now you can enjoy Le Marais pastries at home with our exclusive treats, which arrive frozen for baking in your own kitchen. A unique version of the traditional Breton kouign-amann pastry, these round croissant "cakes" are a customer favorite. Made with viennoiserie dough and filled with a Valrhona chocolate bouchon, the crisp, caramelized cups give way to a soft, brownie-like interior that's velvety and rich.
- 10 chocolate kouign-amann; 2 lb. 2 oz. total.
- Shipped frozen.
- To prepare, let frozen pastries rise for 7 hours, brush with egg wash and bake (see Use & Care tab for more info).
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Pastries ship frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during transport. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands. Upon receipt, remove pastries from shipping container and store in the freezer, where they will keep for up to 90 days.
- Place kouign amann in buttered cups of standard muffin pan and defrost in the refrigerator overnight. Gently push into cups before baking. Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix one egg with one teaspoon of water and lightly brush egg wash over pastries. Place muffin pan on a rimmed baking sheet in case of overflow. Bake for 20–25 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Organic all-purpose flour, organic milk, butter, starter, organic high-gluten flour, sugar, salt, yeast (osmo), malt. Chocolate filling: 62% Satilia chocolate, butter, vanilla sugar, 32% Dulcey chocolate, coffee, 29% Tropilia chocolate, egg. Buttercream filling: Sugar, butter, organic cream, vanilla.
- All butter comes from grass-fed cows.
Please allow 2-7 business days for processing and delivery. This gives our artisan partners time to prepare your order with exceptional care and attention to detail. A more accurate delivery date will be quoted on the payment page. Perishable food items are not eligible for rush shipping. Please not that we do not ship perishable food items outside the contiguous 48 states or to P.O. Boxes.
Next Day Delivery
- More About Le Marais Bakery
Le Marais Bakery in San Francisco is winning top reviews for its authentic French croissants that whisk you away to Paris with their dreamy-light textures and superb flavors. Owner Patrick Ascaso, inspired by the boulangerie of his childhood in Arpajon, France, opened Le Marais in 2013. His recipes marry classic European techniques with fresh local California ingredients. All of the bakery's doughs are made in the artisanal tradition, with natural starters and long fermentation periods, hand mixed and rolled in small batches each day. Williams Sonoma is pleased to partner with Le Marais so that customers can bake and enjoy these amazing pastries at home.
Rated 5 out of 5 by ajdallas72 from Wow! Did this live up to its description! These were absolute to die for! Rich, chocolatelyDate published: 2018-02-22Rated 2 out of 5 by Deut from Disappointing take on a traditional item. Excessive chocolate which made for a cloyingly sweet product. Also tried Le Mariais pain au chocolat which seemed a much better balance of pastry to filing.Date published: 2017-12-27