Le Marais Croissants aux Amandes, Set of 10
- Vendor Shipped
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
Since opening in 2013, Le Marais Bakery in San Francisco has wowed customers with authentic French croissants that transport them to Paris with every flaky, buttery bite. Now you can enjoy Le Marais pastries at home with our exclusive treats, which arrive frozen for baking in your own kitchen. Le Marais' croissants aux amandes are twice-baked in the traditional French style and, for the final baking, are filled and topped with a dollop of frangipane (almond cream filling), which creates a golden crust. Served warm from your oven, these are wonderful for family breakfasts and entertaining.
- 10 croissants aux amandes; 5 lb. 4 oz. total.
- Includes sliced almonds and almond cream filling.
- For first baking, brush thawed croissants with egg wash and bake (this can be completed the day before serving); before second baking, brush halved baked croissants with simple syrup, top with almond cream and bake (see Use & Care tab for details).
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Croissants ship frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated. This is normal. Please take care not to touch dry ice with bare hands. Upon receipt, remove croissants from shipping container and place in freezer, where they will keep for up to 3 months. Place almond cream filling in refrigerator.
- Place pastries 3 inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet. (Note: You can also bake pastries individually to enjoy with your morning coffee.)
- Let rest at room temperature for eight hours to thaw and rise.
- Thaw pastry bag of almond cream overnight in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Whisk an egg and lightly brush over entire top surface of each pastry.
- Bake croissants for 17 to 20 minutes, until golden brown, then cool (this can be done the day before).
- Using a serrated knife, slice each croissant in half horizontally. Prepare simple syrup with equal parts sugar and water, simmer in saucepan, cool and dip each cut side into syrup.
- Trim 1 inch off tip of pastry bag filled with almond cream. Pipe 3 Tbsp. filling on each bottom half. Cover with top halves and pipe 1 tablespoon of filling over each; sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown.
- Let croissants cool, dust with powdered sugar (optional) and serve warm or at room temperature.
- For a bit of extra flavor, add 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest or a drop of orange liquor to the simple syrup.
- Store any leftover almond cream in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- We recommend completing the first bake the day before you plan to enjoy the croissants and then finishing the second bake on the day of serving.
- Organic all-purpose flour, organic milk, butter, starter, organic high-gluten flour, sugar, salt, yeast (osmo), malt. Almond cream: Butter, sugar, organic almond flour, organic eggs, organic all-purpose flour, vanilla extract, salt. Topping: Sliced almonds.
- All butter comes from grass-fed cows.
Please allow up to two weeks for processing and delivery of perishable items, which are shipped two-day delivery to ensure freshness. Perishable items are not eligible for rush shipping. We do not ship perishable items outside the contiguous 48 states or P.O. Boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Returns Policy.
- More About Le Marais Bakery
Le Marais Bakery in San Francisco is winning top reviews for its authentic French croissants that whisk you away to Paris with their dreamy-light textures and superb flavors. Owner Patrick Ascaso, inspired by the boulangerie of his childhood in Arpajon, France, opened Le Marais in 2013. His recipes marry classic European techniques with fresh local California ingredients. All of the bakery's doughs are made in the artisanal tradition, with natural starters and long fermentation periods, hand mixed and rolled in small batches each day. Williams Sonoma is pleased to partner with Le Marais so that customers can bake and enjoy these amazing pastries at home.
Rated 5 out of 5 by OnBellwindCircle from Excellent taste and quality These croissants are just like the ones we've had on a recent trip to Europe. My husband and I bought a box of the almond and the pastry sampler for when we had guests visiting our home and we wanted to give them warm croissants for breakfast. I found the instructions very easy to follow. I put the croissants out in the morning, baked them in the evening, then sliced and filled them with the almond filling and rebaked in them in the morning. Every was so impressed and really enjoyed them. It was so much fun and a real treat for us all.Date published: 2018-08-25Rated 5 out of 5 by mfskabl from Scrumptious!! I followed the instructions that were provided and I got exactly the Le Marais almond croissant that was promised. My husband was giddy with excitement when I recently served it for breakfast We discovered for ourselves Le Marais Bakery during a trip to San Francisco two years ago and we have been on a search for a a similar almond croissant where we live but with no luck. So I was pleasantly surprised to find that it is available at Williams-Sonoma. Great job Le Marais for sharing this scrumptious pastry to bake at home!!Date published: 2018-06-09Rated 5 out of 5 by jbird from SO YUMMY I bought these for my mom for mother's day, we made them together and she LOVED them. They do take a little bit of time to make since you have to bake them, then take them out and slice them open to fill, and then finally bake them again. But once they are finished they are seriously amazing. Fluffy and delicious!Date published: 2018-06-06Rated 1 out of 5 by Yanny from Where are the direction I bought these and there were no directions included on or in the box. I have no idea what to do with the large triangular package included. Thaw? Is it icing? What is it. This is a joke for $59.00 +. Would never order again.Date published: 2018-05-23Rated 1 out of 5 by Donna from Very Poor Description I sent this to two friends who were ill & thought they could pop in the oven as a special treat as they needed. See photo. NO. First, you need additional slivered almonds (say included but are not) along with orange liqueur, 2 cups of sugar, eggs, orange zest & confectioners sugar. It does say all this under USE & CARE but seriously very poor advertising. Personally I'd like a refund.Date published: 2018-04-18Rated 1 out of 5 by Spdybug from Dry, dry, dry I am sitting here eating one of these croissants and am SO disappointed. They are dry and not very almond-y. Also, they don't tell you in the description that the filling comes in 2 bags...meaning 1 bag for each 5 croissants....meaning you can't make these one or two at a time. I had to make 5. Not buying these again.Date published: 2018-04-14Rated 3 out of 5 by 94574 from Read instructions before buying These are very nice croissants and the almond paste is good but I didn't read the directions before purchasing. You have to bake these ahead of time, let them cool, slice in half, fill them yourself and then bake them again. Not worth it IMODate published: 2018-04-09