Le Marais Almond Croissant Sampler
- Vendor Shipped
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
Since opening in 2013, Le Marais Bakery in San Francisco has wowed customers with authentic French croissants that transport them to Paris with every flaky, buttery bite. Now you can enjoy Le Marais' classic almond and Valrhona chocolate croissants at home, twice-baked at home in the traditional French style. For the final baking, follow the directions to halve the croissants, then fill and top with a dollop of frangipane (almond cream filling), which creates a golden crust. Served warm from your oven, these are authentic, memorable treats for family breakfasts and entertaining.
- 10 croissants (5 almond and 5 chocolate).
- 5 lb. 4 oz. total.
- Croissants are twice-baked at home: For first baking, brush thawed croissants with egg wash and bake (this can be completed the day before serving); prior to second baking, brush halved baked croissants with simple syrup, top with almond cream and bake (see Use & Care tab for details).
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Croissants ship frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated. This is normal. Please take care not to touch dry ice with bare hands. Upon receipt, remove croissants from shipping container and place in freezer, where they will keep for up to 3 months. Place almond cream filling in refrigerator.
- Place pastries 3 inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet. (Note: You can also bake pastries individually to enjoy with your morning coffee.)
- Let rest at room temperature for eight hours to thaw and rise.
- Thaw pastry bag of almond cream overnight in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Whisk an egg and lightly brush over entire top surface of each pastry.
- Bake croissants for 17 to 20 minutes, until golden brown, then cool (this can be done the day before).
- Using a serrated knife, slice each croissant in half horizontally. Prepare simple syrup with equal parts sugar and water, simmer in saucepan, cool and dip each cut side into syrup.
- Trim 1 inch off tip of pastry bag filled with almond cream. Pipe 3 Tbsp. filling on each bottom half. Cover with top halves and pipe 1 tablespoon of filling over each; sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown.
- Let croissants cool, dust with powdered sugar (optional) and serve warm or at room temperature.
- For a bit of extra flavor, add 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest or a drop of orange liquor to the simple syrup.
- Store any leftover almond cream in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- We recommend completing the first bake the day before you plan to enjoy the croissants and then finishing the second bake on the day of serving.
Please allow up to two weeks for processing and delivery of perishable items, which are shipped two-day delivery to ensure freshness. Perishable items are not eligible for rush shipping. We do not ship perishable items outside the contiguous 48 states or P.O. Boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Returns Policy.