Le Marais Almond Croissant Sampler
- Vendor Shipped
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $50 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card through July 22. Learn More
Since opening in 2013, Le Marais Bakery in San Francisco has wowed customers with authentic French croissants that transport them to Paris with every flaky, buttery bite. Now you can enjoy Le Marais' classic almond and Valrhona chocolate croissants at home, twice-baked at home in the traditional French style. For the final baking, follow the directions to halve the croissants, then fill and top with a dollop of frangipane (almond cream filling), which creates a golden crust. Served warm from your oven, these are authentic, memorable treats for family breakfasts and entertaining.
- 10 croissants (5 almond and 5 chocolate).
- 5 lb. 4 oz. total.
- Croissants are twice-baked at home: For first baking, brush thawed croissants with egg wash and bake (this can be completed the day before serving); prior to second baking, brush halved baked croissants with simple syrup, top with almond cream and bake (see Use & Care tab for details).
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Croissants ship frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated. This is normal. Please take care not to touch dry ice with bare hands. Upon receipt, remove croissants from shipping container and place in freezer, where they will keep for up to 3 months. Place almond cream filling in refrigerator.
- Place pastries 3 inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet. (Note: You can also bake pastries individually to enjoy with your morning coffee.)
- Let rest at room temperature for eight hours to thaw and rise.
- Thaw pastry bag of almond cream overnight in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Whisk an egg and lightly brush over entire top surface of each pastry.
- Bake croissants for 17 to 20 minutes, until golden brown, then cool (this can be done the day before).
- Using a serrated knife, slice each croissant in half horizontally. Prepare simple syrup with equal parts sugar and water, simmer in saucepan, cool and dip each cut side into syrup.
- Trim 1 inch off tip of pastry bag filled with almond cream. Pipe 3 Tbsp. filling on each bottom half. Cover with top halves and pipe 1 tablespoon of filling over each; sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown.
- Let croissants cool, dust with powdered sugar (optional) and serve warm or at room temperature.
- For a bit of extra flavor, add 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest or a drop of orange liquor to the simple syrup.
- Store any leftover almond cream in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- We recommend completing the first bake the day before you plan to enjoy the croissants and then finishing the second bake on the day of serving.
Please allow 2-7 business days for processing and delivery. This gives our artisan partners time to prepare your order with exceptional care and attention to detail. A more accurate delivery date will be quoted on the payment page. Perishable food items are not eligible for rush shipping. Please not that we do not ship perishable food items outside the contiguous 48 states or to P.O. Boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.