Strawberry Layer Cake
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Fresh strawberry cakes are synonymous with Southern hospitality—and this generously sized dessert is a decadent example. Made from scratch by the father-and-son team behind Frost Bake Shop in Memphis, who insist on using a full pound of ripe, juicy strawberries in every cake. The luscious creation starts with three rich, moist layers of pink strawberry cake, interspersed with a ruby-red strawberry filling. For the ultimate finishing touch, our cake is covered in a velvety strawberry frosting made with plenty of fresh butter and cream cheese.
- 9" diam., 4" high (serves 18–22).
- 5 lb.
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- The cake ships frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during shipment. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands. Upon receipt, remove the cake from the bakery box and store in the freezer for up to 1 month, or defrost in the refrigerator overnight and keep for up to 7 days.
- The cake is best enjoyed at room temperature. Remove the plastic from the cake while it is still frozen. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight. Once thawed, allow the cake to come to room temperature, approximately 4 hours before serving. To serve, run a large knife under hot water and dry with a towel before every slice. Store leftover cake in an airtight container.
- Cake: Granulated sugar, high-ratio cake flour, whole milk with added Vitamin D, whole eggs with citric acid, butter, strawberries, oils (vegetable and soybean), cornstarch, artificial flavor, baking powder, coarse kosher salt, natural flavor.
- Filling: Strawberries, granulated sugar, cornstarch, artificial flavor.
- Frosting: Powdered sugar, cream cheese, unsalted butter, natural flavor, artificial flavor, kosher salt.
- Contains: milk, egg, wheat, soy.
- Manufactured in a facility that also processes: milk, egg, wheat, peanuts, soy, almond, walnut, pecan, coconut.
Please allow up to two weeks for processing and delivery of perishable items, which are shipped two-day delivery to ensure freshness. Perishable items are not eligible for rush shipping.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 5 out of 5 by LeeT from Very good! This cake is amazingly very good. I took it for a Mother's Day lunch and everyone agreed it was delicious. This is my second strawberry cake and I am also ordering the red velvet, as well. They come from the same bakery, so I hope it is as good as the strawberry. I keep them on hand and when we have something impromptu to attend...voila!Date published: 2017-06-07Rated 5 out of 5 by LBGN from Yummy yummy!! This is the best cake I've had in a loooong time. To the guy who complained that it had unhealthy ingredients I say SO WHAT! Cake isn't supposed to be good for you, it is supposed to be delicious and this one accomplishes that in style!!Date published: 2017-02-09Rated 1 out of 5 by Annieplus5 from Let's be honest.... Having a reality check these days with high end names from WS to the Ritz Carlton. Happy to pay top $$ for goods and services that merit if. But, I dared buy a Strawberry Layer Cake( something I'd never buy), which I read, holds real strawberries - a vast quantity per cake, I was in. This cake had a distinct and unforgettable synthetic flavor. Having just bought summer berries, I was savoring the idea but I spit the the 1st bite. My kids guessed it was a new cake from the cooler in the local market. Profoundly disappointingDate published: 2016-07-17Rated 5 out of 5 by Choose901 from Best cake ever!! This strawberry cake is my favorite cake ever! It is so moist and so delicious! This is my go to cake -- anytime I need a dessert for a party or an event, I always take this cake and there is never a morsel left! The icing has the best flavor and you can tell it's a fresh strawberry taste! Any time of the year this is the perfect cake!Date published: 2016-03-22Rated 5 out of 5 by Aubri from Great Strawberry Cake This is a family favorite!! Love it for the holidays!Date published: 2016-03-02Rated 5 out of 5 by bestparty from Best Cake Ever I have served this cake many times to friends and family. They always ask for me to have this cake at our next party. It is very natural tasting. I am a baker and cannot make a better cake than this cake.Date published: 2016-03-02Rated 5 out of 5 by swecky from the best strawberry cake! We love this strawberry cake! We ordered it as one of the layers of our wedding cake and all the guests commented on how much they loved it! We would definitely order again!Date published: 2016-03-01Rated 5 out of 5 by Sweetexpert from What a fantastic cake! I have had many strawberry cakes in my life (it's my favorite), and this one takes the cake! It is full of strawberry flavor, but I love that it wasn't too sweet, and I kept going back for more. Unfortunately, all the guests at my party gobbled it up. I look forward to ordering another one soon! So delicious.Date published: 2016-02-28