Chocolate Layer Cake
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
Chocolate lovers will go wild over our decadent Double Dutch Chocolate Cake, which is generously sized to feed plenty of dessert fans. It’s handcrafted from scratch by the father-and-son team behind Frost Bake Shop in Memphis. Their signature chocolate cake is made with extra-dark Dutch-process cocoa and fresh buttermilk for a moist, tender texture and intense chocolate flavor. The dessert is filled and frosted with a luscious chocolate cream cheese and butter frosting that's the perfect complement to the three layers of fresh-baked chocolate cake.
- 9" diam., 4" high (serves 18–22).
- 5 lb.
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- The cake ships frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during shipment. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands. Upon receipt, remove the cake from the bakery box and store in the freezer for up to 1 month, or defrost in the refrigerator overnight and keep for up to 7 days.
- The cake is best enjoyed at room temperature. Remove the plastic from the cake while it is still frozen. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight. Once thawed, allow the cake to come to room temperature, approximately 4 hours before serving. To serve, run a large knife under hot water and dry with a towel before every slice. Store leftover cake in an airtight container.
- Cake: Granulated sugar, milk, cultured lowfat buttermilk, oils (vegetable and soybean), all-purpose flour, whole eggs with citric acid, water, unsweetened cocoa, coarse kosher salt, natural flavor, cornstarch, baking soda, instant coffee powder.
- Frosting: Chocolate, powdered sugar, cream cheese, unsalted butter, unsweetened cocoa, whole milk with added vitamin D, natural flavor.
- Contains: milk, egg, wheat, soy.
- Manufactured in a facility that also processes: milk, egg, wheat, peanuts, soy, almond, walnut, pecan, coconut.
Please allow up to two weeks for processing and delivery of perishable items, which are shipped two-day delivery to ensure freshness. Perishable items are not eligible for rush shipping. We do not ship perishable items outside the contiguous 48 states or P.O. Boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 1 out of 5 by Chef Giraurd from Cake In Good Condition but Taste wasn't Good I bought this cake to celebrate family...50th anniversary, birthdays, engagements. We only see each other once a year. Based on reviews I talked this cake up and looked forward to it. It was a disappointment, somewhat dry and not great flavor. There were 8 of us in the condo and almost half the cake went in the trash after a few days. I had also bought a yellow cake from the grocery bakery for those not as inclined with chocolate. The store cake was very moist and flavorful in comparison and a third of the price! I do not recommend it. Also my sister noticed the icing was not creamed thoroughly and had specks of ? ...so color was not uniform.Date published: 2018-12-07Rated 5 out of 5 by Sister to Nancy from Amazing! Sorry to be so late, but we ordered this cake for Boxing Day. The cake arrived promptly and well-packed/preserved. We left it crated until we reached our destination at Mt. Hood. We unpacked it a couple of hours before dinner and it was just beautiful - exactly as presented. We had a crowd of about 20, and there was pie, but the cake was definitely large enough to serve us all. It was AMAZING! The taste, texture, everything, just delicious. There was cake leftover, even when people had eaten their fill. We left it for my sister, who served it for dessert on New Years. She said it was just as delicious then. I would order it again in a heartbeat. Thanks!!Date published: 2017-03-11Rated 5 out of 5 by AuntMelody from Absolutely Delicious !!! I ordered this cake for Christmas... It exceeded BEYOND my expectations... So moist and just the right amount of chocolate. I refroze the other half and even thawed out the 2nd time it was delicious !! I found it to be MUCH better than the cheesecake factory chocolate cheesecake that i had at the same time. This cake being even half the price... AAAAA+++++Date published: 2017-01-24Rated 5 out of 5 by TheHappyCooker from Delicious Chocolate Cake Wonderful texture and flavor. I was surprised at how large the cake was. I also liked that the frosting was a lighter color than the cake, which made a nice contrast.Date published: 2016-10-02Rated 5 out of 5 by SDEBBIE694 from Good Cake!!!!!!!!! This Cake I brought For My Husbands Father's Day He loved It!!!!!! Everybody Enjoyed The Moisture Of this Cake Very Well made, Will Buy Again.Date published: 2016-06-21Rated 5 out of 5 by swecky from Mom's birthday cake We have ordered this cake several times. We always send one to my mom's work for her birthday and everyone raves over it! The people in the office have ordered it too :)Date published: 2016-03-01