Kurobuta Boneless Ham
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Kurobuta, or "black hog," is the Japanese term for the Berkshire breed, the source of the famous Japanese kurobuta pork from the Kagoshima Prefecture. Like its Japanese counterpart, Snake River kurobuta is deep in color and streaked with fine marbling that makes this ham exceptionally sweet, juicy and tender. Its rich flavor is complemented perfectly by expert curing according to an old family recipe and light smoking over hardwood chips.
- Whole ham: Approx. 7 lb. (serves 12–16).
- Half ham: Approx. 3 lb. 8 oz. (serves 8).
- Fully cooked.
- Shipped frozen.
- Use & Care
- The ham was shipped frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during shipment. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands. Upon receipt refrigerate the ham, or freeze to enjoy at a later date. It will keep refrigerated up to 3 weeks, or frozen up to 3 months, unopened. For best quality, once thawed, we do not recommend refreezing the ham.
Proper Thawing Technique:
- Remove the meat from the freezer and thaw in the refrigerator for 24 to 48 hours. To retain more of the natural juices, leave the meat in its original packaging while thawing. It is normal for natural juices to accumulate.
- Preheat an oven to 325°F.
- Remove the ham from the packaging and place the ham in a large roasting pan. Insert an ovenproof meat thermometer so the tip is centered in the thickest part of the ham. Do not add water to the pan or cover the ham.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for about 20 minutes per pound, or until the thermometer registers 140°F. If the surface becomes too dark while cooking, tent the ham loosely with aluminum foil.
- Transfer the ham to a carving board and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
- Pork cured with water, salt, sodium lactate, sugar, dextrose, sodium phosphates, sodium diacetate, sodium erythorbate, sodium nitrite, flavorings.
Please allow up to one week for processing and delivery of perishable items, which are shipped via two-day delivery to ensure freshness. Perishable items are not eligible for rush shipping.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Glo Baby from To Ham With Love I read plenty reviews, ads and papers on Berkshire Black Hog Hams AKA, Kurobuta which were 98% positive. I'm just going to round that figure upwards to 100% because this was absolutely the best tasting ham I have had to date. Wow! The experience was phenomenal. Just shear exquisite; not loaded with salt, flavor. Will purchase again in the near future. Extremely recommended.Date published: 2017-12-27Rated 5 out of 5 by SpyderMom from Best Ham Ever We enjoyed this Ham on New Years Day 2017. Everyone Loved it beyond words. Even our guests who were not a fan of ham in general found it to be wonderful. Used Boars Head Brown Sugar Glaze all over ham, tastes blended well. Delicious. Will buy again.Date published: 2017-01-08Rated 1 out of 5 by gymgirl from did not meet expectations after reading the description of this ham, I immediately ordered it. Unfortunately, this ham was entirely inedible for both my husband and me. The taste was not good. I completely wasted my money. I wish I could get a refund.Date published: 2016-06-16Rated 1 out of 5 by Bellacook from Disappointing ! I had this ham as the entree for our Easter dinner, and the reaction was consistent--the flavor and quality were not good. I have been preparing an Easter ham for over 30 years, but I won't purchase this one again.. Better to stick with our local butcher.Date published: 2016-03-29Rated 1 out of 5 by JP1950 from Disappointing The ham was very dry without much flavor. Would not recommend nor purchas again! Huge disappointment for the Easter dinner! A huge waste of money!Date published: 2015-04-18Rated 1 out of 5 by ItalianMarthaStewart from Don't Bother I ordered this ham for our Easter dinner. I normally would not spend this much for such a small ham, but I decided our family gathering was a special occasion. I was so disappointed. I have had better hams from the grocery store. There was nothing special about this ham and it did not weigh as much as promised. Don't bother spending your money.Date published: 2015-04-14Rated 5 out of 5 by FamilyChefArlene from Best Ham EVER I have purchased many hams over the many years and by far, this was rated the BEST ever by my family. I bought the 12lb bone in Kurobuta Ham and it fed 13 adults with lots of leftovers. Not salty, extremely tender and the flavor was go good, it was hard to explain. I will definitely purchase again and again. I teamed it up with the Yellow Rose Cake for dessert and was the Easter Hero!!!Date published: 2015-04-08Rated 5 out of 5 by MissMelly from Piggy Pleaser This year I purchased the full ham - and was not disappointed with so many to feed. A very lean piece of meat - full of flavor - easy to prepare and plenty of leftovers. Not the least bit salty - very flavourful so definitely worth buying again and again. Made great sandwiches, omelets and finally soup,Date published: 2015-01-12