- Vendor Shipped
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
Brew the ultimate kombucha at home – our kit makes it fun and easy to enjoy the bright, refreshing flavors of this energizing, detoxifying tea beverage. Use the customized jar to ferment a wholesome blend of sweetened organic tea with a culture known as SCOBY (symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast). Rich in probiotics, vitamins and other nutrients, the resulting drink has a pleasantly tangy flavor and fizzy effervescence similar to sparkling apple cider.
- Kit contains everything you need to brew one 1.3-gal. batch, including glass brewing jar, organic black tea, organic popping sugar and SCOBY.
- Customized brewing jar is the first-ever fermentation jar designed especially for kombucha, featuring its own filter and tap valve.
- Innovative jar provides a controlled brewing environment with built-in ventilation.
- Rewritable label and wax pencil makes it simple to identify each batch.
- SCOBY culture forms a new SCOBY each time you brew; use the original SCOBY for brewing future batches or fellow DIY kombucha fans.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 1.3-gal. cap. glass brewing jar
- 1-oz. organic loose black tea leaves
- 1-oz. organic popping sugar
- 1 SCOBY (kombucha culture)
- 1 wax pencil (for labeling each batch)
- Detailed brewing instructions
- Recipe booklet
- Kombucha brewing process takes approximately two to four weeks.
- Interior of brewing jar is 100% glass; white parts on the outside of the jar are made of made of non-reactive, BPA-free plastic; gaskets are silicone.
- Brewing jar is 7" diam.; 11 3/4" high.
- All kit components are made in China.
- Use & Care
- Hand-wash jar with lukewarm water and mild soap. Dry thoroughly before use.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 1 out of 5 by Mark S from Disappointed First I will say that I called Williams-Sonoma and reported my jar smelled like a brewery and they are sending a replacement. I can wash it but when you purchase something that is suppose to be new, especially for making food or beverages for human consumption, you expect NEW. I decided to wash it and give it a go anyway. After following directions I placed it on my desk covered up for the initial 3 day brew. The initial 3 day brew turned into a 1 day leak all over my desk and papers. Very Disappointed with the Product, very Pleased with Williams Sonoma for getting on the issue. I only hope the replaement hasn't been used by anyone else.Date published: 2018-12-03Rated 5 out of 5 by Jessie from All you need for Kombucha My family and I are on a health journey and thought that kombucha would be a good start. The scoby came in good shape and the kit is truly easy to use. Only thing is the first batch tasted a little funky, but I read that it's normal because the scoby has to get used to it's environment. Overall very happy with purchase and we don't have to buy 5$ overpriced individual bottles anymore at the store. :)Date published: 2018-11-19