KitchenAid Glass Tea Kettle
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
Tea lovers, take note! The KitchenAid electric teakettle heats water to the ideal steeping temperature for your preferred variety of tea. The clear glass globe reveals the tea brewing process in action, and the steeper is easily removable so your tea doesn't oversteep. A handy steeper holder keeps counters clean from drips.
- Five specialty tea settings: Warm, Green, White, Oolong, Black and Herbal.
- Temperature selector on base ensures water is heated to the ideal temperature for steeping, preserving each tea's unique flavors and aromas.
- Brews loose-leaf teas or tea bags.
- Automatically goes into Warm mode after heating cycle to keep tea at optimal drinking temperature of 70 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Removable stainless-steel steeper includes a portable holder to keep counter drip-free.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 1 1/2-qt. cap.
- 9 1/2" x 8 1/2" x 10 1/2" high.
- 4 lb. 4 oz.
- Model # KEK1322SS.
- This product is intended for use in the United States and Canada and is built to United States electrical standards.
- Made in China.
- Chime sounds when water has reached desired temperature.
- Premium Schott Duran® glass and stainless-steel construction.
- Convenient water level markings on glass.
- Stainless-steel limescale filter.
- Cord wrap on base.
- Can also be used to quickly boil water in minutes (without steeper).
- Use & Care
- Clean the glass kettle and base by hand only. Wash with a soft, damp cloth. Dry thoroughly with a soft, dry cloth. Do not wash in the dishwasher. Do not immerse in water.
- Wash the lid parts, steeper and steeper holder by hand with a soft cloth in warm sudsy water.
- Calcium deposits (scale) from water will build up in the kettle over time and impair brewing efficiency and tea quality. If you notice scale buildup inside your kettle or that it takes longer than usual to brew, then it is time to descale.
To descale your kettle:
- Fill the kettle with white vinegar to the MIN (0.5 L) mark. Add water to the 1.0 L mark. Boil and allow to stand overnight. Empty the solution from the kettle.
- Fill the kettle with water, bring to a boil and drain out the water. Repeat this step twice. The kettle is now ready to use.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Dave S. from Well designed, excellent quality My wife and I make tea and Americanos, so we were looking for a kettle with adjustable temperature settings to get the best results with our hot drinks. We've had good luck with KitchenAid appliances in the past and decided to give this product a try. The kettle's design is well thought out and the quality of the product comes through when you're using the kettle. The temperature adjustment is smooth and easy to set. The kettle quickly comes to the set temperature and provides a gentle chime to tell you it's ready to use. I really like that the kettle keeps the water warm until you remove the kettle from the base. We originally started out using the kettle to boil water but we also now use the kettle's steeper to brew tea. KitchenAid was very clever in designing the steeper and base, making it very easy to brew tea with this kettle. We use filtered water in the kettle and the heated water tastes great. We use the kettle several times a day and it's been a great addition to our kitchen.Date published: 2019-02-08Rated 2 out of 5 by Sophia R. from Not what expected I have the kettle for about two weeks.. Numerous times washed it, boiled water in it.. the unusual smell still present within it. Would like to get a replacement, perhaps, the one I have is simply a defective one.Date published: 2018-11-28Rated 2 out of 5 by Stefania from The smell?? I want to buy it because i think is a very good producto BUT what about the smell?? Every page i read someone is complaining about it!!Date published: 2018-10-07Rated 1 out of 5 by Razvan C from Awful smell Can someone please tell me how to get rid of the awful smell inside? It smells like ebonite / rubber / plastic. I've tried everything, boiled with water and vinegar, boiled with water, prepared infusions ...and throw them away. The awful smell persists, the product is not usable .Date published: 2018-09-21Rated 2 out of 5 by DisappointedCustomer from Good but leaves a nasty taste It is a nice kettle looks really good but leaves a TCP type taste in the water. Shame really as the taste taints the tea and coffee so it was a waste as it will now be abandoned. The nasty taste aside, it was a good kettle.Date published: 2018-08-21Rated 5 out of 5 by JaniceV from Love this tea kettle I was given this as a birthday gift in May....I LOVE it. My only criticism is that there were more thorough instructions in French and Spanish. A user guide for English would be nice. I can ad the French and Spanish, but English would be nice Makes wonderful tea, from Ceylon, Green, and Pouchong. Well done, Kitchen Aid!Date published: 2018-06-06Rated 4 out of 5 by Jolie08 from Aesthetically Pleasing to the Eye! I bought this product three months ago and have loved it ever since. I had been toiling between a Breville or Kitchenaid and I'm glad I chose this one. It is convenient and a staple in my kitchen.Date published: 2018-04-11Rated 5 out of 5 by Erin22 from How did I live so long without this gem? I asked for, and received, this for Christmas. I couldn’t be more pleased. I love the variety of temps you can choose from and the ability to brew tea in the kettle. Love it! [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]Date published: 2018-01-30