KAI Luna 3-Piece Essential Set
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Kai, one of Japan's largest and most historic cutlery companies, has developed Kai Luna to offer superior cutlery design at an affordable price. Each knife has a high-carbon stainless-steel blade that is mirror-polished and finished with unique hammered detail. This three-piece set includes the knives every kitchen needs: a chef's knife, a utility knife, and a paring knife. The trio can handle a multitude of tasks, from boning and filleting to peeling and mincing.
- Three-piece set includes 3 1/2" paring knife, 6" utility knife and 8" chef's knife.
- Traditional Japanese hammered finish helps release food more easily.
- Mirror polishing with graze-finish edge increases stain and corrosion resistance.
- German DIN1.4116 high-carbon stainless-steel blade is hand-sharpened on a whetstone and holds a super-sharp edge.
- The paring knife's wider blade helps minimize effort and keeps fingers away from cutting surface.
- 16-degree cutting edge is razor-sharp and more precise than standard Western-style knives.
- Lightweight, soft-grip handle has rubberized inserts for a comfortable, secure grip.
- Coordinating sheaths protect blades and makes storage safe and easy.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2" paring knife: 3 1/2"-long blade, 5 1/4"-long handle; 2.6 oz.
- 6" utility knife: 6"-long blade, 5 1/4"-long handle; 3.5 oz.
- 8" chef's knife: 8"-long blade, 5 1/4"-long handle; 5.8 oz.
- Blade composition: German DIN1.4116 high-carbon stainless steel.
- Handle composition: stainless steel with BPA-free polypropylene inserts.
- Made in China.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Warranty Information
Learn more about Care, Sharpening, Warranty Policy and Shipping Instructions. View details
- Price Match Guarantee
Williams Sonoma Price Match Guarantee
At Williams Sonoma, we're committed to bringing you the best quality at the best prices.
If you find a lower price on any of our products, we'll match it—guaranteed. Click here for details.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Rated 4 out of 5 by Jeffrey from Excellent Value I needed a set of knives after moving to a new place, and getting something expensive wasn't in my budget. I picked this up on a whim in the store, and am very pleased with my purchase. The knives were sharp right out of the package, and I've been using them for a few months now with no complaints. As expected with a knife at this price, there are a few drawbacks. The handle is plastic and they're a bit on the lighter side, but neither of those are a concern for me.Date published: 2019-04-09