John McLeod Bread Board with Crumb Catcher
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Slice loaves on this hardwood board without any mess. The reservoir beneath the removable tray catches the crumbs while the attractive walnut tray lifts out for serving.
- Crumbs drop through the slotted tray into the reservoir below.
- Dispose of crumbs or save for cooking
- Tray also makes a useful cooling rack for baked goods.
- Crafted of sustainably harvested yellow birch and with a dark walnut insert.
- Made in the USA.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 17 1/2" x 9" x 1" thick.
- 3 1/2 lb.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 5 out of 5 by SuSu2 from A piece of Art Perfect balance, pieces fit well together, lays flat, and it's even, smooth, beautiful, & practical. Who could ask for more?Date published: 2015-11-20Rated 5 out of 5 by tania57 from Fantastic! Initially purchased this for cutting bread, which it is fabulous for, then decided to try it for slicing beef tenderloin. I own numerous cutting boards for beef, however; I have never cared for having the blood pool in the wells on the board when slicing. I tried this board and Voila!...no more issue, everything collects beneath the board insert. Would love to have John McLeod make this into a larger board for meat carving. Great product no matter what you use it for, highly recommend!Date published: 2015-01-03Rated 5 out of 5 by Wini from Breadboard is beautiful enough to leave on counter Black Walnut Insert gives the distinctive look to the breadboard and I have purchased about a dozen of these over the years...not because they don't last, but because friends and family come to the house and they LEAVE with my breadboard they LOVE it so much. With the correct care, I am sure this will be an heirloom board to pass down to my son. In the interim, I purchase them for wedding gifts which I guarantee, gets more use than the fine china everyone registers for. I think that the artistry the board makes it something I leave out on the counter vs. putting away after each use. Because the insert is slotted, I store my breadknife in/on the board and it keeps the knife from falling off and still easily accessible. Overall, it's beautiful and functional.Date published: 2013-07-21