We Take the Cake I Love Dad Tie Cake
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Celebrate the world's best dad with our playful riff on a classic Father's Day gift. Guaranteed to be the most delicious tie Dad has ever received, this colorful dessert is handcrafted by the talented culinary artisans at Florida's We Take the Cake. The whimsical creation combines two layers of decadent chocolate cake with two layers of rich golden butter cake, separated by chocolate cream cheese frosting. It's covered with blue-tinted vanilla buttercream icing and topped with a stylish polka dot fondant tie, plus letters that spell out just how you feel ("I LOVE DAD").
- 6" diam., 4" high (serves 8–10).
- 4 lb.
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- The cake ships frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during shipment. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands. Upon receipt, remove cake from bakery box and place in the freezer where it will keep for up to 3 months, or defrost in the refrigerator overnight and keep for up to 7 days.
- The cake is best enjoyed at room temperature. If frozen, remove plastic from cake while still frozen and place bakery box in the refrigerator overnight. Once thawed, allow the cake to come to room temperature, approx. 4 hours before serving. To serve, run a large knife under hot water and dry with a towel before every slice. Store leftover cake in an airtight container, where it will keep for up to 3 days refrigerated.
- Chocolate Cake: Flour, butter, fresh eggs, buttermilk, vegetable shortening, cocoa powder, natural vanilla, baking powder, salt.
- Golden Butter Cake: Flour, butter, fresh eggs, sour cream, vegetable shortening, vanilla, salt, baking powder, baking soda.
- Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting: Cocoa powder, powdered sugar, butter, milk, salt.
- Vanilla Buttercream Icing: Butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, salt, blue food coloring.
- Fondant: Sugar, corn syrup, cocoa powder, water, caramel color, palm oil, glycerin, gum tragacanth, potassium sorbate, cellulose gum, natural flavors, artificial flavors, modified cornstarch, acetic acid, food coloring (yellow, blue).
Please allow 2-7 business days for processing and delivery. This gives our artisan partners time to prepare your order with exceptional care and attention to detail. A more accurate delivery date will be quoted on the payment page. Perishable food items are not eligible for rush shipping. Please not that we do not ship perishable food items outside the contiguous 48 states or to P.O. Boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.