Himalayan Salt Plate with Wells
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Himalayan rock salt is sourced from boulders excavated from centuries-old mines, then hand cut by local stonemasons to reveal their mineral-rich striations. Virtually nonporous, salt plates can be heated or chilled to great extremes, adding delicate flavor to all types of food. Ours is carved with wells to secure placement of ingredients and lend savory depth. Heat on the grill to sear seafood and meat, or chill for serving a striking presentation of fruits, vegetables and cheeses.
- Mineral-rich pink Himalayan salt adds delicate flavor to food.
- Retains hot and cold temperatures evenly.
- Harvested from ancient Himalayan sea salt deposits.
- Heat on the grill to cook thin cuts of meat, fish and shellfish.
- Chill in the refrigerator to serve cold appetizers, cheese, sushi and fruit.
- Naturally anti-microbial and easy to clean.
- Plate can be used repeatedly until it eventually diminishes with use.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 8" sq., 1 1/2" high.
- 7 lb. 7 oz.
- Made in Pakistan.
- Use & Care
- Caution: Salt Plate will be very hot during and immediately following cooking. Use a heat-resistant glove when handling.
- Part of the charm of a Himalayan Salt Plate is the naturally occurring irregularities and fissures in the surface of the salt, none of which affect the cooking properties of the mineral.
- The color and form of each salt plate is unique and will change when heated.
- With use, the plate may develop more surface depressions and will eventually dissolve completely.
- Air-dry the plate for at least 24 hours before the next use.
- Store plate in an arid environment until next use.
- Himalayan salt is naturally antimicrobial and requires no cleansers.
- Proper care of the salt plate will extend its life.
- After use, simply wash the salt plate under warm water and scrub lightly with a soft brush or sponge.
- Do not submerge the plate in water.
- Dry with a paper towel to remove any excess pockets of water in the plate.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.