Himalayan Salt Plate with Basting Well
- Free Fast Shipping
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Our mineral-rich salt plate is a simple, beautiful way to enhance food with subtle, savory character. Ideal for cooking on the grill then serving on the table, this versatile piece features a well that collects juice for basting. Made from a hand-cut slab of iridescent, fossilized crystal mined from the foothills of the Himalayas, the plate can also be chilled to use for serving everything from artisanal cheese and fruit to sushi and sashimi.
- Mineral-rich pink Himalayan salt adds delicate flavor to food.
- Retains hot and cold temperatures evenly; safe from -320°F to 1473°F.
- Harvested from ancient Himalayan sea salt deposits.
- Heat on the grill to cook thin cuts of meat, fish and shellfish.
- Chill in the refrigerator to serve cold appetizers, cheese, sushi and fruit.
- Naturally antimicrobial and easy to clean.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 12" x 8" x 1 1/2" high.
- Well depth is 1/4".
- 11 lb. 7 oz.
- Made in Pakistan.
- Use & Care
- Salt plate must be completely dry prior to using on grill.
- With time and use, the plate's shape will get smaller and the color will change.
- Heat plate gradually (from 30–60 minutes, depending on heating method) to arrive at the optimal cooking temperature of 300°F to 400°F. Once the plate reaches temperature, you can either continue to cook over the heat, or transfer the plate to a heat-safe surface and cook off the retained heat.
- Safe for use on the grill or gas range, or chilled in the refrigerator.
- Not recommended for oven use.
- Scrub with a mildly abrasive brush, then wipe with a damp cloth.
- Dry on a rack for at least 24 hours before using again.
- Do not immerse in water or leave under running water.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 5 out of 5 by JacquiNYC from Very pleasantly surprised! I purchased this last night and I was a bit hesitant about my husband cooking with this. I was afraid the food would end up being too salty. I was very pleasantly surprised at how the salt plate flavored our steaks. The salt flavor was subtle and just delicious. Clean up is straightforward. What's not to love about cooking on a Himalayan salt plate?Date published: 2018-05-15