Herb Garden Seed Kit
- Free Fast Shipping
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Cultivate a fragrant herb garden and savor fresh herbs for cooking all summer long. From Oregon, this kit gives you seeds for six culinary herbs along with soil and pots for starting them. Later you can transfer the seedlings to the backyard garden or create a lush container or windowsill herb garden that's convenient for clipping.
- Kit includes:
- Six metal tins of herb seeds: Italian basil, flat-leaf parsley, mammoth dill, slow bolt cilantro, chives and lemon mint.
- Six coco fiber pots for starting seeds.
- Six soil pellets.
- Six wooden plant markers.
- Hand-stamped cotton muslin drawstring bag.
- Growing instructions.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Six metal seed tins: (0.25g–0.5g each)
- Six soil pellets; when moistened, each expands to produce 3 to 4 oz. soil.
- Pots: 2 1/2" diam., 2 1/4" high.
- Wooden markers: 4" long.
- Made in USA.
- Italian basil (Ocimum basilicum): Tall, common basil variety with large green leaves. Excellent with tomatoes, for making pesto, and in fish, meat and vegetable recipes.
- Flat-leaf parsley (Petroselinum crispum): Stronger flavor than common curly-leaf parsley. Broad leaves may be cut repeatedly and will regrow quickly. Use in a wide variety of dishes including omelets, soups, meats and vegetables.
- Mammoth dill (Anethum graveolens): Large, fast-growing dill produces large umbels loaded with seeds. Excellent for pickling; delicious sprinkled on potatoes, cucumbers and meats.
- Slow bolt cilantro (Coriandrum sativum): Grows quickly and can be harvested repeatedly for its leaves, steams and seeds (known as coriander).
- Chives (Allium schoenoprasum): Grass-like perennial that carries a mild onion flavor and aroma. Great in salads, dips, sauces, soups and stir-fries.
- Lemon mint (Monarda citriodora): Large, bushy plant with pretty lavender flower spikes. Leaves have a mild but distinct lemon mint flavor. Use in teas, lemonades and baked goods.
- Use & Care
- Place soil pellet in bottom of peat pot, and add water. Allow pellet to slowly expand, then fluff soil.
- Add 3-5 seeds to soil, and gently push down into soil until seed is just barely covered. Do not plant too deeply!
- Place pot in a warm spot with plenty of light.
- Make sure soil never dries out, or gets too soggy. Soil should be consistently damp at all times.
- Seedlings should emerge in approx. 5–20 days, depending on seed variety and temperature.
- Once grown a few inches, thin to strongest seedling. You can then transplant (pot and all) outdoors, or into a larger pot.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Rated 2 out of 5 by greytdolphin from Tiny--and a great disappointment I received the kit about a month ago. I opted to plant only the basil, chives and mint, leaving the rest for later. When it came in the mail, I at first thought there was nothing in the package, so light. Everything was miniscule. I've followed all the instructions, taken good care of the plantings, but only the basil has come up decently. Perhaps most of the seeds were old. The mint took some time, and you almost need a magnifying glass to see the tiny specs of green. I've started over with the chives. If it were $5 at a discount store, I wouldn't be so disappointed. But it wasn't worth the price for 6 popsickle sticks, tiny little metal containers of seed and a small bag holding tiny dirt plugs. I thought I had a "green thumb"--not with this kit..Date published: 2018-10-14