Happy Birthday Layer Cake
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
Every birthday celebration is happier when the party includes this colorful cake. Made from scratch by the father-and-son team behind Frost Bake Shop in Memphis, our generously sized dessert starts with three luscious layers of the family's signature chocolate cake made with extra-dark Dutch-process cocoa and fresh buttermilk. The rich, moist cake is filled and iced with a fluffy vanilla butter-and-cream cheese frosting. For festive flair, bakers add a red "Happy Birthday" greeting on top and finish the sides with brightly colored candy sprinkles.
- 9" diam., 4" high (serves 18–22).
- 5 lb.
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- The cake ships frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during shipment. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands. Upon receipt, remove the cake from the bakery box and store in the freezer for up to 1 month, or defrost in the refrigerator overnight and keep for up to 7 days.
- The cake is best enjoyed at room temperature. Remove the plastic from the cake while it is still frozen. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight. Once thawed, allow the cake to come to room temperature, approximately 4 hours before serving. To serve, run a large knife under hot water and dry with a towel before every slice. Store leftover cake in an airtight container.
- Cake: Granulated sugar, milk, cultured lowfat buttermilk, oils (vegetable and soybean), all-purpose flour, whole eggs with citric acid, water, unsweetened cocoa, coarse kosher salt, natural flavor, cornstarch, baking soda, instant coffee powder.
- Frosting: Powdered sugar, cream cheese, unsalted butter, natural flavor, rainbow sprinkles.
- Contains milk, egg, soy.
- Manufactured in a facility that also processes milk, egg, wheat, peanuts, soy, cashew, walnut, pecan, coconut.
Please allow 2-7 business days for processing and delivery. This gives our artisan partners time to prepare your order with exceptional care and attention to detail. A more accurate delivery date will be quoted on the payment page. Perishable food items are not eligible for rush shipping. Please not that we do not ship perishable food items outside the contiguous 48 states or to P.O. Boxes.
Next Day Delivery
Rated 5 out of 5 by Marvin82 from Perfect! Very excited we went with this cake for our son’s first birthday. This is the second time we have bought a cake from WS, and once again we were very happy. It was moist, the icing was delicious, and we definitely felt it was a step up from a grocery store cake (which is good in itself), but still reasonably priced.Date published: 2019-04-14Rated 5 out of 5 by Frankie from Excellent cake I bought this for my mom’s birthday and everyone loved this cake.Date published: 2018-12-25Rated 5 out of 5 by SwimMom from Cute Cake and really taste good I bought this cake for my daughter’s bday yesterday and arrived 2days early. I was worried that it will arrived late or the Cake might not be in one piece but I asked her to take a photo and that’s exactly how it looked when she opened the box! She loves it and shared it with her college housemates. I will definitely order this cake again for friends birthdays!Date published: 2018-02-11Rated 4 out of 5 by Abissing from Arrived squished but tasted good I bought this to send my daughter for her birthday. It was delivered quickly and tasted wonderful but sadly, it was squashed so it didn't look as pretty as the picture on the catalog. She was still happy.Date published: 2017-10-06Rated 5 out of 5 by brmiller from SO good!! Bought this cake for my uncle's birthday. Very good flavors to the cake and the frosting.Date published: 2017-09-09Rated 5 out of 5 by Trixie from Delicious cake I had this sent to my daughter and due to a delay, it didn't arrive in time from the vendor. WS's customer service is the absolute best and my rep did everything she could to make it right. The cake was moist and flavorful and so I sent one to a friend a couple months later (arrived on time). She and her family also said it was wonderful.Date published: 2017-07-16Rated 3 out of 5 by Tean from Birthday cake My reason for rating 3 stars, was based on the icing. I did not care very much for it. Tasted like a hard icebox cake. Other than that it was exactly like the picture Also very moist chocolate cake!.Date published: 2017-01-11Rated 5 out of 5 by janthebaker from Awesome birthday cake! I ordered this cake for a co-worker and it was a huge hit in my office. The chocolate buttermilk cake is so moist and delicious and the frosting tops it so well. Everyone loved it. We served it cold and it was delicious! I would definitely recommend this cake!Date published: 2016-02-25