Global Sai 7-Piece Knife Block Set
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Legendary industrial designer Komin Yamada brings a new age of innovation to Global cutlery with Sai—individually hand-hammered knives with one-of-a-kind character. Unifying function and design, these distinctive Japanese knives combine revolutionary ergonomic handles with triple-layered steel blades that maintain their exceptionally sharp edges. In this set, we've hand-selected six of the most useful knives for everyday cooking and entertaining, along with a companion storage block.
- The first new cutlery line produced by Global in more than 30 years, Sai blends the Japanese company’s tradition of craftsmanship with modern technological advancements.
- Designer Komin Yamada pairs user-friendly organic designs with individually hand-hammered blades that make each knife unique.
- The knives combine three layers of steel: a core of patented, ultra-hard Cromova 18 Sanso stainless-steel alloy and two outer layers of more flexible 18/8 steel for added strength and resistance to rust.
- Professional-quality blades are ice-hardened and tempered to increase hardness, resist corrosion and maintain long-lasting sharpness.
- Each blade is hand-hammered to create hollow air pockets that reduce drag, allowing the blade to glide through food without sticking.
- 12.5-degree blade edge is mirror-polished by hand for exceptionally long-lasting sharpness.
- The perfectly balanced handle has an ergonomic thumb rest for a smooth, efficient cutting motion and steady, comfortable grip.
- Iconic dots on the knife's hollow handle represent seven traditional Japanese virtues from the Samurai code of honor.
- Stainless-steel storage block's angled design helps protect the blades, and its nonslip rubber base anchors the block securely on a countertop.
- Block has slots for 13 knives and a honing steel.
- Made in Japan.
- A Williams Sonoma exclusive.
7-Piece Set includes:
- 3 1/2" paring knife.
- 6 3/4" sandwich knife.
- 5 1/2" chef's knife.
- 8" carving knife.
- 7 1/2" vegetable knife.
- 9" bread knife.
- 14-slot Storage block.
- Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Paring Knife: 3 1/2"-long blade; 4 3/4"-long handle; 3 oz.
- Sandwich Knife: 6 3/4"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 5.25 oz.
- Chef's Knife: 5 1/2"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 5 oz.
- Carving Knife: 8 1/4"-long blade; 6"-long handle; 8.5 oz.
- Vegetable Knife: 7 1/2"-long blade; 6"-long handle; 9 oz.
- Bread Knife: 9"-long blade; 6"-long handle; 8.25 oz.
- 14-slot Storage block: 12" x 5 1/2" x 12 3/4"high.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone
- or frozen food, as the blade can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Use the honing steel only when you feel the knife has lost some of its original sharpness, usually no sooner than six months after its first use. As you continue to use your Global knife, it will require more frequent honing. If you need to hone your knife more than once every two weeks, it is time to have it sharpened.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sellars from Best Knives I've ever owned These knives have been the best knives I have ever owned. They are a little pricey, but if you find them on sale get them. I sharpened my knives as soon as I got them home and with use of a steel before every use, I have not had to sharpen them yet and it has been close to a year. Plus they were a joy to sharpen. I only have 2 recommendations that are all just personal preferences: 1. That you purchase a good "steel" and learn how to use it, and be sure it is a "steel" and not one of those "sharpening steels" that are made of ceramic or diamond honing 2. Get these knives professional sharpened with someone that uses bench hones (finishing on 6,000 to 30,000 grit hones) and not wheels. Though this will take more time and money you will get the best sharpest edge out of your knives I am definitely satisfied!Date published: 2016-12-13Rated 5 out of 5 by FrednKathy from Sharp and well made! Read all the reviews before buying this set and it is well worth the coin! Super sharp and very well made. Get a set today!Date published: 2015-06-12Rated 5 out of 5 by CookingatHomeDad from Great knives Great knives. Excessively sharp. Beautiful design. No problems and very happy with this purchase. highly recommended. Only problem was a flimsy, cheap, poorly designed knife block. Replaced with a better after market version.Date published: 2015-02-18