Global Classic 10-Piece Knife Block Set
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
An excellent choice for the discerning home cook, this sleek award-winning cutlery from Japan is carefully balanced for exceptional precision, control and comfort. Our ten-piece set is indispensable for a host of tasks, from peeling vegetables to slicing meat.
- Stamped blades are made from exceptionally hard Cromova 18 high-carbon stainless steel, ice tempered and hardened to resist corrosion.
- Prominent 1/4" edges are visible to the naked eye and ground straight to a point rather than beveled resulting in impressive sharpness and edge retention.
- Stainless-steel handles are seamlessly constructed and textured for a good grip.
- Crafted to professional standards, these knives are lightweight yet perfectly balanced.
- Stainless-steel storage block's angled design helps protect the blades, and its nonslip rubber base anchors the block securely on a countertop.
- Block has slots for ten knives and a honing steel.
- A Williams Sonoma exclusive.
10-Piece Set includes:
- 3 1/2" and 4" paring knives.
- 5 1/4" chef's utility knife.
- 6" serrated utility knife.
- 7" hollow-ground santoku.
- 8" chef's knife.
- 8 1/4" carving knife.
- 8 3/4" bread knife.
- 10" diamond honing steel.
- 11-slot storage block.
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2" paring knife: 3 1/2"-long blade; 3 3/4"-long handle; 2.2 oz.
- 4" paring knife: 4"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 5.1 oz.
- 5 1/4" chef's utility knife: 5 1/4"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 3.7 oz.
- 6" serrated utility knife: 6"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 3.7 oz.
- 7" hollow-ground santoku: 7"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 5.3 oz.
- 8" chef's knife: 8"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 5.5 oz.
- 8 1/4" carving knife: 8 1/4"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 5.7 oz.
- 8 3/4" bread knife: 8 3/4"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 5.5 oz.
- Honing steel: 10"-long rod; 5"-long handle; 11.5 oz.
- Storage block: 5 1/4" x 10" x 11" high.
- Made in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone or frozen food, as the blade can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Use the honing steel only when you feel the knife has lost some of its original sharpness, usually no sooner than six months after its first use. As you continue to use your Global knife, it will require more frequent honing. If you need to hone your knife more than once every two weeks, it is time to have it sharpened.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
- Price Match Guarantee
Williams Sonoma Price Match Guarantee
At Williams Sonoma, we're committed to bringing you the best quality at the best prices.
If you find a lower price on any of our products, we'll match it—guaranteed. Click here for details.
Rated 5 out of 5 by SteveED from Nice set with modern look. After buying the Global boning knife, I was impressed enough to buy this set, it has two extra slots and the boning knife fills one nicely. I also added the matching kitchen shears, but the extra wide slot center front in the block allowed them to droop forward. I had a spacer made on a 3D printer from black ABS plastic and wedged it in above the scissors. The block looks awesome out on the counter and every knife was sharper than sharp out of the package. They will slice a tomato paper thin by just pulling through. There is barely any additional drag when the blade hits the skin. I have had no issues with rust on any knife. I rinse and wipe off immediately after use and drop back into the block. After 6 months, the chef's knife and carving knife lost a bit bit of their edge, but a proper (professional level) sharpening on a water stone brought them back to original performance level. To me, that is proper maintenance and care for high end cutlery. Be careful with the sharpening steel and average knife sharpeners. Improper use can dull or ruin a knife. The Global and other Japanese knives have a very sharp bevel angle (10 to 15 degrees) and most sharpeners are designed for the German / European knives (17 to 22.5 degrees). Williams-Sonoma does offer professional sharpening in the store, first time free.Date published: 2018-12-03Rated 1 out of 5 by Debra2 from Just not holding up I first noticed rust spots on the knives, so took extra care to hand wash, but this continues if they are not wiped completely dry after washing. Then I noticed little nicks and pock marks at the cutting edge of the knives and tried to sharpen them out (with global sharpener), but some are quite deep and I feel it affects the cutting quality. These knives don't get the kind of abuse that would be causing such damage. I always use a cutting board. I have an extensive set with extra knives bought over this past year, and all but two are having the same issues. The company said it must be my water doing the damage, but we have a water purifier and water softener, so no metal should be doing this damage. I never thought I'd have to weekly polish my knives with bar tenders friend to take off rust.Date published: 2016-08-14Rated 5 out of 5 by Johnnier from The best you can get I purchased a Global starter set with six knives for my friend Christmas of 2011. I was skeptical at first as to why he would want these knives because I thought all knives were the same. After he got the set oh how wrong I was. This is by far the best knife set you could own. They are sharp so be careful! Of course it came with the knife block so I am know filling it with the rest of the collection. It made a believer out of me in thinking you have to spend a little money for quality. However you get much more in return for the price. All in all it's an in investment if you like to cook. I will never own a cheap knife set again. Oh did I mention I got me a set of Global as well lolDate published: 2013-01-16