Ghent 96" Sofa
Our Ghent sofa invites endless hours of lounging, conversation and reading with its plush bench seat cushion extending the sofa's entire length, loose back cushions and gently sloping arms. The sofa is custom upholstered in your choice of select designer fabrics for a bespoke look.
- 96"W x 40.5"D x 35.5"H overall.
- Handcrafted in USA by skilled artisans.
- Frame crafted of kiln-dried sustainably harvested hardwood.
- Seat cushion has a high-resiliency foam core with up to 10% soy-based materials, wrapped in choice of premium down blend or thick, double-layer poly fiber.
- Two back cushions fit loosely over the seat cushion, with a neat gap in the center.
- Cylindrical hardwood legs stained espresso.
- Available made to order in select custom upholstery fabrics; to place a custom order, please call 888-922-4108 for assistance from one of our furniture specialists.
- In-home delivery with White Glove service.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Overall: 96"W x 40.5"D x 35.5"H
- Seat width: 86"
- Seat depth: 24"
- Seat height: 19"
- Seat back height: 19"
- Bench seat cushion (1): 86"W x 29"D x 6.5"H
- Back cushions (2): 46"W x 18"H x 8"D (each)
- Arms: 5"W (back), 21"H
- Legs (fixed): 2.25" diam., 1.5"H
- Weight capacity: 300 lb.
- Product weight: 210 lb.
- Mortise-and-tenon joinery.
- 8-guage sinuous steel springs support the seat.
- Furniture upholstered in mohair will not have welting (piping) or topstitching.
- Made in USA with American and imported materials.
- Use & Care
Create your own custom-upholstered furniture using the fabric of your choice. For more details, please call 1.888.922.4108.
Furniture upholstered in mohair will not have welting (piping) or topstitching.
- Clean with a soft dry or slightly damp cloth; dry thoroughly.
- Avoid harsh cleaners (including ammonia-based glass cleaners) and abrasives as they will damage the finish.
- Brush or vacuum regularly (use a nonmetallic stiff-bristle brush).
- Protect from direct sunlight to prevent fading.
- Dab spills immediately with a soft white cloth dampened with distilled water (not tap water). Test fabric cleaners first in an inconspicuous area. Do not saturate fabric with cleaner. Pat instead of rub to avoid altering texture. Clean stain from outer edge to prevent “circling.”
- Thorough cleaning is recommended every 12 to 24 months. Do not wait for severe soiling. We recommend a professional in-home upholstery cleaning service.
- Do not remove cushion casings for cleaning. Unlike slipcovers, upholstered casings are not meant to be removed.
- Never use detergents, polishes, preservers or saddle soap. They can remove natural oils.
- Dust or vacuum for routine maintenance.
- Do not place in direct sunlight; it will lighten or discolor leather over time.
- Dab spills immediately with a soft white cloth dampened in distilled water (not tap water). If spill penetrates leather, use lukewarm distilled water and a soft white cloth to massage stain and surrounding area. Blot with a dry cloth and allow leather to air dry.
- Most surface scratches will fade over time if you rub them with your fingertips. Friction and heat from rubbing helps to redistribute wax in surrounding areas to cover the scratch. Not all scratches have the same depth, and this may not work on deeper scratches.
Composition & Construction
- Our leather upholstered products are constructed from aniline leather. Only the top 5% of hides can be made into aniline leather, making it the finest available. The full-grain or top-grain leathers are soaked in transparent nontoxic dye, with no subsequent pigmented finish coats applied. Dye penetrates the hides, letting the natural grain show through. Our ivory leather, white pebbled leather and white faux ostrich are exceptions to this process; they are semi-aniline dyed, with a layer of pigment applied afterwards.
- Anilines have natural markings that vary from hide to hide. They also have color variations due to the leather’s ability to accept dyes differently in various areas of a hide. Markings and shading distinguish genuine leather from man-made materials. Appreciating shade differences among hides also means appreciating them on individual furniture pieces, because no two pieces can be produced from a single hide.
- Our leathers appeal to customers who find the natural color variations, markings and patina of pure aniline leathers unique and beautiful. They may not appeal to customers who want uniform color and surface commonly seen on less expensive leathers that are heavily corrected and pigmented.