Georgetown Cupcake Mix, Chocolate
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
Delight dessert fans with homemade versions of the iconic chocolate treats from Washington D.C.'s legendary Georgetown Cupcake, founded by the talented sister team of Katherine Kallinis Berman and Sophie Kallinis LaMontagne. With our premium mix, it's easy to whip up the bakery's famous cupcakes in your own kitchen. Inspired by their grandmother's special recipe, the cupcakes feature the best Valrhona cocoa for an intense chocolate flavor, highlighted by the creamy sweetness of Nielsen-Massey vanilla. Prep is easy—just add milk, eggs and butter. To finish your fresh-baked cupcakes, top them with your favorite frosting.
- 13 oz. (makes 12 cupcakes).
- Made in USA.
- Cane sugar, unbleached enriched flours (wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), cocoa powder (processed with alkali), cornstarch, baking powder (sodium acid pyrophosphate, baking soda, corn starch, monocalcium phosphate), natural vanilla flavor, sea salt.
- Contains wheat/gluten. This product is prepared and packaged using machines that may come in contact with milk/milk products, eggs, soy, tree nuts.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
For the cupcakes:
4 Tbs. (1/2 stick/60 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 package sugar mix (included)
1 package cupcake mix (included)
1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
For the chocolate ganache:
6 Tbs. (90 ml) heavy cream
3/4 cup (4 1/2 oz/140 g) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat an oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar mix together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg and beat until well combined.
- Add cupcake mix in two additions, alternating with milk, mixing just until uniform.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each about two-thirds full.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 21 to 23 minutes.
- Let cupcakes cool in the pan 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. Let cool completely before frosting. Cupcakes will rise to the top of or just above the paper liners.
- For the chocolate ganache, in a heatproof bowl, combine cream and chocolate.
- Place bowl over a saucepan with about 2 inches (5 cm) water. Warm over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture is smooth and shiny, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Set bowl aside and let cool slightly, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Dip a cupcake in the warm ganache, twisting to coat. Turn cupcake right side up and set aside to cool. Repeat with remaining cupcakes.
Makes 12 cupcakes
Williams-Sonoma Test Kitchen
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Rated 5 out of 5 by Maddie12345 from Great! I love this cupcake mix! It is very simple to make, just follow the recipe on the back. They have a great sweet flavor and very moist! This mix also pairs well with the Georgetown Cupcake chocolate icing!Date published: 2018-05-22Rated 2 out of 5 by texasbaker from Very Disappointing I received the cupcake mix as a gift from my husband. The cupcake mix comes in two packets. You have to add your own ingredients (milk, butter, egg) to make the cupcakes. The mix includes no ingredients for ganache/frosting. I made the cupcakes, following the directions exactly. The texture and flavor were very disappointing. I could've bought a half dozen cupcakes at my favorite cupcake bakery for the price of this mix.Date published: 2018-01-25Rated 1 out of 5 by livelife from Awful These were very bad simply put..I'll stick to my amazing homemade cupcakes!Date published: 2018-01-07