Georgetown Cupcake Mix, Lemon
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Delight dessert fans with homemade versions of the iconic lemon treats from Washington D.C.'s legendary Georgetown Cupcake, founded by the talented sister team of Katherine Kallinis Berman and Sophie Kallinis LaMontagne. With our premium mix, it's easy to whip up the bakery's famous cupcakes in your own kitchen. Inspired by their grandmother's special recipe, the cupcakes feature a bright citrus flavor that comes from lemon juice, highlighted by the creamy sweetness of Nielsen-Massey vanilla. Prep is easy—just add milk, eggs and butter. To finish your fresh-baked cupcakes, top them with your favorite frosting.
- 13 oz. (makes 12 cupcakes).
- Made in USA.
- Sugar, wheat flour, cornstarch, natural lemon flavor, baking powder (sodium acid pyrophosphate, baking soda, cornstarch, monocalcium phosphate), natural vanilla flavor, citric acid, salt, malic acid.
- Contains wheat/gluten. This product is prepared and packaged using machines that may come in contact with milk/milk products, eggs, soy, tree nuts.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
For the cupcakes:
4 Tbs. (1/2 stick/60 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 package sugar mix (included)
1 package cupcake mix (included)
1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
For the lemon buttercream frosting:
1/4 lb. (125 g) cream cheese, at room temperature
2 1/2 Tbs. unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 1/2 cups (315 g) confectioners’ sugar
1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
1 Tbs. grated lemon zest
- Preheat an oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar mix together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg and beat until well combined.
- Add cupcake mix in two additions, alternating with milk, mixing just until uniform.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each about two-thirds full.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 21 to 23 minutes. Cupcakes will rise to the top of or just above the paper liners.
- Let cupcakes cool in the pan 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. Let cool completely before frosting.
- To make the buttercream frosting, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter together on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Add confectioners’ sugar 1 cup at a time, beating after each addition until smooth. Add vanilla and lemon zest, increase mixer speed to medium-high and beat for 2 minutes.
- Use a pastry bag or offset spatula to frost cupcakes as desired.
Makes 12 cupcakes
Williams-Sonoma Test Kitchen
Rated 5 out of 5 by seabreezelover from Amazing Lemon Flavor I read the other reviews and I will agree will both reviewers: these little cakes are perfect as well as expensive. I doubt you could capture the intensely delicious lemon flavor without buying a few of the eccentric ingredients that are in these little beauties. I have made 3 batches and used both aluminum and the new WS white ceramic with gold edging. the cakes baked a bit dry in the aluminum and absolutely perfect in the ceramic muffin pan. This mix is perfect if you are a foodie who loves to bake, cook and eat nothing but THE BEST!!!!Date published: 2017-04-13Rated 5 out of 5 by LoverofallthingsWS from Great Mix & Great Results I made this mix & the scratch frosting recipe, and the results were fantastic. My son, who usually doesn't like sweets, ate two. I didn't even think he would like the lemon flavor, but I was wrong. The mix came out perfect with just using my hand mixer, and the frosting also was delicious. I was sure to grab an organic lemon for the zest, which already was fragrant to the nose. So the end product was delicious.Date published: 2017-03-23Rated 2 out of 5 by MaritaML from Too expensive. I made these precisely according to the recipe and cooked them for the minimum suggested time. The cupcakes came out a little bit dry. The instructions on the container include a recipe for the frosting, which is very good; but, none of the ingredients for the frosting are included in the package. Considering how many ingredients you have to buy separately for both the cupcakes and the frosting, you might as well make something similar from scratch. Overall, these are not bad but overpiced at nearly $15 for a single mix, particularly when you have to add your own butter, egg, milk, cream cheese, lemon zest, vanilla and confectioners' sugar.Date published: 2017-03-03