Almond Croissants, Set of 15
- Online Only
Master pastry chef Jean-Yves Charon handcrafts our almond croissants in the traditional French style, using his award-winning puff pastry and rich almond frangipane. Buttery dough is prepared, cut and filled by hand with creamy frangipane and sprinkled with toasted almonds. The croissants emerge from the oven with flaky, golden-brown exteriors, delicate interiors and an irresistible aroma of butter and almonds. They’re easy to prepare: just allow to rise overnight, then bake.
- 15 almond croissants (2 lb. 13 oz. total).
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- The croissants ship frozen with dry ice, which may evaporate during shipment. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands.
- Upon receipt, remove croissants from the shipping container and place in the freezer where they will keep up to one month. Keep frozen until ready to bake.
- Place frozen croissants, rounded side up, on a parchment-lined baking sheet and cover with another piece of parchment paper. Let the croissants rise at room temperature (68°F to 72°F) for 8 to 10 hours.
- Preheat an oven to 375°F.
- Remove the top piece of parchment paper. Lightly brush the tops of the croissants with egg wash (1 egg beaten with 1 tsp. water). Bake the croissants until puffed and golden, about 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Enriched flour (wheat flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid, enzyme, ascorbic acid [dough conditioner]), butter, water, almonds, sugar, powdered sugar (sugar, cornstarch), enriched flour (wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), yeast, egg whites, salt, almond extract, dough conditioner (wheat flour, malted barley flour, ascorbic acid, enzymes), pea protein, cinnamon.
Please allow up to two weeks for processing and delivery of perishable items, which are shipped two-day delivery to ensure freshness. Perishable items are not eligible for rush shipping.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 2 out of 5 by Trixie from Filling oozes out! I've purchased this item more than once because it tastes great, so I must have a high tolerance for things that don't turn out right. The filling oozes out and bakes into a crispy mess on the pan. The breaking point was this morning's mess that left my croissants with zero filling inside. If the company could figure out a way to seal in the filling, I'd give this product 5 stars.Date published: 2017-07-16Rated 1 out of 5 by Cecille from Followed directions - DID NOT RISE :( I bought 1 box each of almond croissants and caramel croissants. The caramel croissants were perfect! The almond croissants are a different story - left them on a pan with parchment paper on the counter overnight to rise and nothing happened. Woke up to FLAT croissants, looking exactly the way I left them before I went to bed. Baked them anyway and they're not good.. Thumbs down.Date published: 2017-06-18Rated 5 out of 5 by Breezycooking from Customer Service Above & Beyond! We've ordered these (& other croissant flavors) several times in the past, & they've always been excellent. This time, our original order arrived hot, thawed, & with the croissants bursting through the packaging like something from a Grade B horror film. Needless to say, had to be tossed. W-S Customer Service to the rescue!! A replacement order was on its way to us immediately & just arrived with dry ice intact & product still frozen solid. Major kudos to W-S for making this right for us, & we don't expect these to be any less excellent than the ones we've ordered & enjoyed before.Date published: 2017-05-03Rated 4 out of 5 by Art History from Good, but Filling always comes out I have purchased the Alomnd Croissants for years. They are really good! The only disappointing part is that the past 3 boxes have been a little different. The almond filling comes out during baking for every croissant. This used to only happen to 1 or 2 per box, but now it always happens. This morning there is no almond paste in my croissant.Date published: 2017-05-02Rated 3 out of 5 by Dazzy from They would not rise! I followed the directions on the box to a T and these croissants never would rise. They did get larger when baked but they were also flat after they cooled. I also feel like the almond filling is deficient compared to the chocolate croissants. I've had these before and they are hit or miss many times, flavor is good though. Frustrating that you never know what the yeast will do in these!Date published: 2017-01-21Rated 5 out of 5 by RcSwiggy from Almond croissants These were a hit for a family gathering. Easy to use. Great flavor. Will order again and have.Date published: 2017-01-15Rated 5 out of 5 by SIMT from Mini gourmet vacation We are so happy to have found these. These are perfect for a breakfast treat or as a dessert. The filling is nice.Date published: 2017-01-10Rated 1 out of 5 by suznmf from The product has changed The last time I ordered these, they were wonderful, so I ordered two boxes. Not at all the same. The little bit of filling comes out when baking. WS must be using a different supplier. I am very disappointed.Date published: 2016-12-17