Flour Bakery Sticky Buns
- Vendor Shipped
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Bostonians, foodies and out-of-towners flock to Joanne Chang's Flour Bakery & Café, where they indulge in the decadent treats created by the James Beard Award-winning pastry chef. Among the most popular are Chang's sticky buns, famous for their pillowy French-style brioche dough, crunchy toasted pecans and signature dark caramel "goo," sweetened with honey and brown sugar. Now, you can savor the rich treats at home with our exclusive frozen dough, expertly prepared by Flour artisans.
- One package of 8 sticky buns (8 servings).
- 1 pint caramel goo and pecans (18 oz.).
- 3 lb. 2 oz. total (4 oz. each).
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- The sticky buns and goo ship frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during shipment. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands. Upon receipt, store sticky buns and goo in the refrigerator for up to 1 day or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Thaw sticky buns and goo in refrigerator overnight or at room temperature for 2–3 hours. Pour goo in 9x13 baking dish, covering the bottom evenly. Place sticky buns cut side down in baking dish, evenly spaced. Cover with plastic wrap and place in warm spot to proof for approx. 2 hours, or until dough is puffy, pillowy and soft, and sticky buns are touching.
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F in a conventional oven or 325°F in a convection oven. Bake for 35–45 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool in dish on wire rack for 20–30 minutes. One at a time, invert sticky buns onto serving platter, and spoon extra goo and pecans from bottom of dish over top of buns.
- The sticky buns are best served warm or within 4 hours of baking. They can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 day, and then warmed in a 325°F conventional oven or 300°F convection oven for 6–8 minutes before serving.
- Sticky Buns: All-purpose flour (unbleached hard wheat enriched flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced-iron thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), high-gluten flour (bleached wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, iron, potassium bromate, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), yeast, sugar, salt, eggs, butter (cream, natural flavoring).
- Caramel Goo: Butter (cream, natural flavoring), brown sugar, honey, heavy cream (cream, carrageenan, mono and diglycerides, polysorbate 80), pecans, cinnamon.
Please allow 2-7 business days for processing and delivery. This gives our artisan partners time to prepare your order with exceptional care and attention to detail. A more accurate delivery date will be quoted on the payment page. Perishable food items are not eligible for rush shipping. Please not that we do not ship perishable food items outside the contiguous 48 states or to P.O. Boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 5 out of 5 by foodi from DELICIOUS - just like the Flour bakery I had the delicious sticky buns at Boston's famous Flour bakery many times, so I know how these are supposed to taste... and the ones form W-S did not disappoint. The buns and container of goo arrived cold not frozen. The instructions state that I could put them in the freezer, but I chose to place them in the refrigerator and bake them that evening. I followed the straightforward instructions and placed the goo and rolls in a 9x13" glass baking dish. I proofed the rolls in my oven on the proof setting (sometimes I proof items by heating my oven to 150 degrees, turning OFF the oven, and placing the items in the oven for a few hours). The instructions say to “bake for 35-45 mins or until golden brown, " so I set the oven timer for 35 mins, at which time I saw that the tops of all the buns were brown (not golden as specified) but not fully cooked – so I loosely laid foil over the buns and baked them 5 more mins. (I know that my oven temperature is very accurate.) In hindsight, I would have placed the foil on top of the buns earlier. I waited only 10 mins before removing the buns from the pan (not the 20-30 mins as specified), because I was afraid that that goo would harden too much. I ate one immediately and it was DELICIOUS. I wrapped up the other 7 in plastic wrap - and placed them in a plastic container in the FREEZER. My family and I ate the frozen buns one by one after thawing on the counter or straight from the freezer - in both cases we warmed them VERY gently in the microwave before eating. I highly RECOMMEND these sticky buns - they are so high quality, decadent and yummy. Each one is filling, but not too big. Mine came out looking just like the W-S photo!Date published: 2019-11-05
Is there nutritional information on your pastries that I could read before purchasing? I am interested in the classic croissants and flour bakery sticky buns.