Fig Fruit Tree
- Vendor Shipped
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Beautiful Black Mission figs have soft purplish-black skin covering rich pink flesh. This ripe, freshly picked fruit is a luscious treat, uncommon in stores due to its short shelf life. Now, you can grow your own fruit with our drought-tolerant, low-maintenance tree that thrives in a range of soil types and climates, in a container or in the ground. This tree produces an abundant crop (or two) each year, so you'll have enough figs to eat fresh, bake into tarts and store as preserves.
- Shipped directly from the California grower in a 4" diam. plastic pot.
- Approx. 1-year-old tree.
- Tree can eventually reach mature height of 10' in a pot or 30' in the ground.
- Produces large purplish black fruit with pink flesh.
- Self-pollinating tree.
- Care instructions included.
- Use & Care
- Important: Water tree immediately upon arrival.
- Light Exposure
- Plant in a location with at least 8–12 hours of sunlight.
- In heavy soil, we recommend mounding to 12" above the soil line.
- In container, use premium potting soil mixed with 1/2" bark.
- Water and mulch regularly during first 2 years.
- Tree is drought-tolerant once established, but regular watering may improve size and juiciness of fruit.
- Unpruned tree can spread to 25' or wider. It can be kept to desired size with regular pruning.
- Can be used as an espalier.
- Winter Period
- Tree will go dormant in winter.
This item will be shipped directly from the manufacturer and is not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow one to two weeks for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.