FarmSteady Kraut DIY Kit
- Free Fast Shipping
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Discover the joys of fermenting your own food with a batch of homemade kraut. It’s easy to make and packed with nourishing probiotics. Along with the included equipment, all that’s needed is a fresh head of cabbage. The traditional fermentation process is made simple with the included airlocked glass jar, glass fermentation weight and a bit of salt and caraway seeds. This easy do-it-yourself kit with reusable components allows you to experiment with different krauts, kimchis and other fermented pickles – and makes a delightful gift.
- Kit includes glass jar and fermentation weight, air-locked lid, glass writing pencil, and packets of high-quality kosher salt and caraway seeds (see More Info tab for details).
- Makes one batch, or 2 quarts, of kraut using your choice of cabbage in about one week.
- Food-grade silicone gasket on lid creates an airtight seal.
- Half-gallon-size solid-glass jar is ideal for fermenting, storing and serving.
- Use writing pencil to note contents and fermentation dates on glass jar.
- Equipment can be reused to ferment additional batches.
- Made in USA.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 1/2-gallon solid glass fermenting jar: 5.5" diam., 6" high.
- 8.8 oz. glass fermentation weight: 3.75" diam., 0.5" high.
- Lid with airlock for glass fermenting jar
- Glass writing pencil
- 2.3 oz. Kosher salt
- 0.7 oz. Caraway seeds
- Number of servings: 2 quarts.
- Requires your choice of fresh cabbage (not included).
- Made and grown in USA.
- Use & Care
- Glass jar and lid are dishwasher safe.
- Salt packet: Kosher salt
- Caraway packet: Caraway seeds.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.