Assorted Veggie Empanadas
- Vendor Shipped
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Joseph Ahearne started out selling his buttery, flaky Argentine-style empanadas at street festivals, preparing them using his mother's recipe and only high-quality, local ingredients. Today Ahearne continues the tradition at El Porteño, his thriving restaurant in San Francisco's Ferry Building, a mecca for foodies. Delivered right to your door, our collection showcases three different vegetarian fillings inside rich pastry dough, accompanied by a side of chimichurri sauce for a touch of heat. The savory turnovers are perfect for parties, brunch or even a light meal—just heat and serve.
Humita: Made with sweet corn, roasted red bell peppers, fresh basil and butter.
Champignon: Earthy organic mushrooms by Far West Fungi, sautéed with shallots, cream and parmesan cheese
Fugazzetta: A combination of aged cheddar, creamy mozzarella, shaved onions and oregano.
- Set of 12; 4 empanadas of each flavor.
- Includes 6 oz. chimichurri sauce.
- 1 lb. 13 oz. total.
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- The empanadas and chimichurri sauce are shipped frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during shipment. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands. Upon receipt, store the items in the freezer, unopened, where they will keep up to 3 months.
- Defrost chimichurri sauce overnight in the refigerator. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place frozen empanadas on a baking sheet. Optional: Brush empanadas with an egg wash, then sprinkle lightly with coarse sea salt. Bake 15–20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with chimichurri sauce on the side.
- Humita: Unbleached flour (wheat flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), corn, basil, butter (cream (milk), natural flavor), onions, eggs, vinegar (white wine vinegar, natural flavor, sodium metabisulphite [as a preservative], casein, spices.
- Mushroom: Unbleached flour (wheat flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), mushrooms, shallots, cream (heavy cream), sour cream (cultured cream, enzyme) parmesan cheese (pasteurized part-skimmed milk, cheese cultures, salt, enzymes, natamycin), white wine, vegetable stock, butter (cream [milk], natural flavor), eggs, vinegar (white wine vinegar, natural flavor, sodium metabisulphite), casein (milk), spices.
- Fugazzeta: Unbleached flour (wheat flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), aged cheddar (cheese milk, starter culture, salt, rennet), mozzarella (cultured pasteurized milk, salt, enzymes), onion, oregano, cage-free eggs, salt, vinegar (white wine vinegar, natural flavor, sodium metabisulphite [as a preservative], casein [milk]).
Please allow up to two weeks for processing and delivery of perishable items, which are shipped two-day delivery to ensure freshness. Perishable items are not eligible for rush shipping.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Returns Policy.
Also in this Collection
Assorted Meat Empanadas
- Vendor Shipped
Rated 5 out of 5 by SVDJ from Delicious! Arrived frozen. Baked nicely. Enjoyed the 3 flavors. The chimichurri sauce was flavorful. Will order again!Date published: 2015-11-14Rated 5 out of 5 by DanMT from Excellent snacks Sent this as a Christmas stocking stuffer gift and my son and daughter-in-law absolutely loved them. They just snacked on them so they wouldn't be gone so fast.Date published: 2015-01-09