Diestel Farms Fresh Organic Heirloom Turkey
- Only at Williams Sonoma
- Vendor Shipped
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Enjoy a tender, juicy American Heirloom turkey delivered directly from the farm to you this holiday season. Certified organic and Non-GMO Project Verified, this turkey was raised on the Diestel family farm in Sonora, California, where it was fed 100% vegetarian feed and allowed space to roam. Tender, succulent and juicy, this delicious American Heirloom turkey is a rare breed that tastes just like what grandma used to make.
- Certified organic American Heirloom turkey is a rare breed of turkey that dates back to the 19th century.
- Shipped fresh to arrive chilled
- Raised with no antibiotics, growth stimulants or hormones.
- Quantities are limited; preorder yours today for automatic Thanksgiving delivery (see Shipping tab for details).
- Made in USA.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Approx. 10–12 lb. (serves approx. 8–10).
- Giblets are included.
- Made in USA.
- Fed 100% privately milled vegetarian feed.
- Use & Care
- Your turkey was shipped fresh with ice packs to arrive chilled. Refrigerate or freeze the turkey, still in the vacuum-sealed bag, immediately upon receipt; it keeps 7 days refrigerated and up to 3 months frozen. Remove the turkey from the refrigerator 1 hour before roasting and remove it from the bag. Do not leave the turkey at room temperature longer than 1 hour.
Roasting an Unstuffed Turkey
- A turkey is easier to prepare and roasts more evenly and faster if left unstuffed; the stuffing can be baked separately. The times listed below are calculated for an unstuffed turkey. Bring the bird to room temperature. Place it, breast side up, on a rack in a roasting pan and roast at 400°F for 30 minutes. Then reduce the oven temperature to 325°F and continue roasting until done. Allow 13 to 15 minutes per pound.
Approximate roasting time
- 10-12 lb. – 3-3 1/4 hrs
Roasting a Stuffed Turkey
- Stuff the turkey just before putting it in the oven (do not stuff it earlier). Spoon the dressing loosely into the body and neck cavities. Do not overfill, as the dressing will expand during roasting. Truss the turkey. To facilitate removing the stuffing, first line the inside of the cavity with a double layer of cheesecloth, allowing it to extend beyond the cavity by a few inches. Then spoon the stuffing inside. After roasting the bird, gently pull the overhanging cheesecloth and the stuffing will slip out easily, neatly tucked inside the cheesecloth. To ensure that a stuffed turkey cooks evenly, roast the bird slowly, breast side up, at 325°F, covering the breast loosely with foil for the first two-thirds of the roasting time. Using the chart at left, add about 30 minutes to the total cooking time for stuffed birds weighing 16 lb. or less, and about 1 hour for birds weighing more than 16 lb.
Testing for Doneness
- The breast and thighs must reach different internal temperatures for ideal doneness. The breast should register 165°F and the thigh, 175°F. Begin testing for doneness 30 minutes to 1 hour before the total roasting time is reached. To test the breast using an instant-read thermometer, insert it into the meatiest part, several inches above the wings.To test the thigh, insert the instant-read thermometer alongside the opening of the main cavity underneath the drumstick, away from the bone. This is the meatiest part of the thigh.
- The turkey will continue to cook internally after you remove it from the oven, so you may take it out when the thermometer registers 3°F to 4°F below the minimum temperature. Then cover the bird loosely with aluminum foil. If roasting a stuffed bird, be sure the stuffing reaches 165°F. After taking the turkey out of the oven, let it rest for 20 to 30 minutes. This allows time for some of the juices to be absorbed back into the meat, which makes it easier to carve and more moist. If roasting a stuffed bird, remove all of the stuffing at serving time.
- 100% organic turkey.
To ensure freshness, perishable items are shipped from the supplier and are not eligible for rush shipping.
- For Thanksgiving delivery, order by 11:59PM PT, Friday, November 22; ships November 26 to arrive by November 27.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Returns Policy.