de Buyer Vantage Mandoline & Grater
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
The de Buyer Vantage mandoline not only creates perfect slices and julienne cuts, it includes three different grating blades so you can grate a complete range of foods. Use the coarse grater for potatoes, carrots or cabbage; the medium grater for ginger, Parmesan or chocolate; and the fine zester for citrus fruits or garlic. The V-shaped blade is ideal for slicing soft, delicate produce such as ripe tomatoes.
- Sturdy stainless-steel frame with built-in V-shaped blade.
- Adjustable guide plate creates slices from 1mm to 10mm thick.
- Includes three julienne blades (4mm, 7mm and 10mm) and three grating blades (coarse, medium and zester).
- Patented slider holds food inside for safe cutting.
- Patented ergonomic pusher maximizes safety while cutting and provides a firm grip.
- Grates in both directions and includes a blade guard for added safety.
- Storage Box for blades has magnet that stays on main frame of the mandoline.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Magnetic storage case holds blades inside and attaches to frame.
- Folds for compact storage.
- 18 1/2" x 6" x 5 1/2" high.
- 5.8 lb.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Always use the pusher for complete safety; do not use your hand to guide fruits or vegetables.
- Blades are very sharp and should be handled with care.
- When not in use, store blades in case.
- Hand wash only.
Next Day Delivery
- More about de Buyer
The de Buyer family has been making cookware in the French town of Val-d’Ajol since 1830. The family-owned company originally crafted pots and cauldrons for cooking over a live fire using iron ore extracted from the region. Pairing modern technology with a timeless attention to quality, De Buyer still creates cookware in the classic French shapes and materials traditionally used in professional kitchens. In addition to copper and iron collections, the company also offers stainless-steel and nonstick lines to meet the needs of today’s home cooks.
Rated 5 out of 5 by PosserL from Excellent product I really don't understand those reviews... I bought a vantage more than 1 month ago and I've faced no problem with it. The blade is perfectly sharp and I often use my mandoline to slice tomatoes, which has never ended up with a pulpy mess. I find it very easy to use though I have small hands... it is also very easy to insert the julienne blades. I appreciate very much its effectiveness. It's well woth its price. Would recommand it to anyone looking for a high quality mandoline!Date published: 2015-02-26Rated 2 out of 5 by Wendykins from Pusher has a hard time sliding on the rails I had to return this mandolins because the pusher did not fit well on the rails. I have the original mandolin by de Buyer. That one is terrific! I'll stay with that one. The quality is excellent.Date published: 2015-02-19Rated 2 out of 5 by Joanne115 from Really wanted to love this :( I own a cheap $30 mandoline and was ready to upgrade and hoped this would be my dream mandoline. Sadly I hated it, my cheap one performed better. The 1 plus is it is a very sturdy well built item, thats the only plus. I first tried to slice a tomato and ended up with a pulpy mess. Next tried to slice a potato and found it very difficult to push it into the blade. Almost as if the blade was dull. The thickness adjustment is not sensitive enough. It took me over 1/2 a potato to get the size I wanted. A dial adjustment would have been better. I found the black pusher to be to big for my hand but would have been fine with that if the machine worked better. The grating area is very small and if you are grating something very small you need to do it without the guard. My hand rasper works better. Sadly I returned this yesterday and will continue to search for a different mandoline, which is a shame because with a few changes this could have been a good machine.Date published: 2015-01-18
Does the de Buyer "Vantage" mandoline have the waffle cut option? I see this on the lesser-priced model. However, it is not illustrated on the Vantage model.