Cottage Garden Seed Kit
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
The beauty of a cottage garden is its charmingly wild mélange of tall spiky flowers and lower-growing blossoms. From Oregon, where charming cottage gardens abound, our seed kit includes six favorite old-fashioned flowers, plus soil and little pots to start them early in a sunny indoor spot before transplanting outdoors.
- Six metal tins of flower seeds: hollyhock, delphinium, sweetpea, painted daisy, foxglove and columbine.
- Six coco fiber pots for starting seeds.
- Six soil pellets.
- Six wooden plant markers.
- Hand-stamped cotton muslin drawstring bag.
- Growing instructions.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Six metal seed tins: (0.25g–0.5g each)
- Six. soil pellets; when moistened, each expands to produce 3 to 4 oz. soil.
- Pots: 2 1/2" diam., 2 1/4" high.
- Wooden markers: 4" long.
- Made in USA.
- Hollyhock 'Alcea mix': Large, showy 3" blooms cover 5-7'-tall flower stalks. Mix of white, pink, rose, purple and yellow flowers. Perfect for a back border. Blooms all summer into fall.
- Delphinium 'Summer Skies' mix: Tall, graceful flower spikes in pale to deep purple. Looks especially showy when planted in large groups.
- Sweetpea 'Old spice' (Lathyrus odoratus): Easy-to-grow, long-blooming flowers atop 5-6' vines. Mix of pastel purples, pinks, red and white. Very fragrant blooms are excellent for cutting.
- Painted daisy (Chrysanthemum carinatum): 3" daisy-like blooms atop sturdy stems with deeply serrated foliage. Mix of white, yellow, red and purple, with deep purple centers. Flowers all summer until first frost.
- Foxglove 'Excelsior mix' (Digitalis purpurea): Tall, tubular flower spikes in a mix of purples, pinks and white. Blooms through spring and summer. Stunning when planted in masses.
- Columbine mix (Aquillegia caerulea): 3-4" nodding blooms in a mix of blues, pinks, purples, yellow and rose atop sturdy 30" stems. Very delicate, airy foliage looks good all season.
- Use & Care
- Place soil pellet in bottom of peat pot, and add water. Allow pellet to slowly expand, then fluff soil.
- Add 3-5 seeds to soil, and gently push down into soil until seed is just barely covered. Do not plant too deeply!
- Place pot in a warm spot with plenty of light.
- Make sure soil never dries out, or gets too soggy. Soil should be consistently damp at all times.
- Seedlings should emerge in approx. 5–20 days, depending on seed variety and temperature.
- Once grown a few inches, thin to strongest seedling. You can then transplant (pot and all) outdoors, or into a larger pot.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.