Complete Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner, Serves 8
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
For the most relaxed Thanksgiving ever, let us take care of preparing dinner. We'll provide everything you need for an easy, elegant holiday feast – from a Willie Bird turkey and savory side dishes to fresh-baked pumpkin pie as the grand finale. Our complete dinner for eight includes:
Willie Bird Turkey: Choose from Free-Range, Organic, Pre-brined or Pre-Brined or Organic – all ready to roast from birds humanely raised on a healthy natural diet for extraordinarily juicy, flavorful results (see More Info tab for details).
Traditional Green Bean Casserole: Fresh green beans nestled in creamy Gruyère cheese sauce and topped with crisp, golden sautéed shallots.
Butter Chive Mashed Potatoes: Creamy mashed Yukon Gold potatoes folded in rich butter and fresh chives.
Pumpkin Pie: A buttery, flaky homemade pastry crust with a creamy spiced pumpkin custard filling, topped with a decorative pastry leaf.
- Turkey and sides generously serve 8; pie serves 8–10.
- Turkey ships fresh with ice packs to arrive chilled; sides and pie ship frozen.
- To ensure all of the dinner components arrive in perfect condition, you may receive them in separate shipments.
- For Pre-Thanksgiving delivery, order by Sunday, November 17, 2019 11:59pm ET for delivery November 21-22.
- For Thanksgiving delivery, order by Friday, November 22, 2019 11:59pm PT for delivery on November 26-27.
- Please note: Once an order has been placed, no updates can be made to the shipping address.
- Made in USA.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Pre-Brined Turkey: Approx. 12–14 lb. (serves 12–14).
- Organic Turkey: Certified organic by Oregon Tilth.
- Free-Range and Organic turkeys include giblets; Pre-Brined turkeys do not include giblets.
- Pre-Brined Turkey (Regular and Organic): Free-range turkeys are brined in a flavorful blend of apple, lemon, garlic and rosemary, so the turkey roasts up savory and succulent, but not overly salty.
- Traditional Green Bean Casserole: 3 lb. 8 oz. (two trays; each serves 4–6).
- Butter Chive Mashed Potatoes: 3 lb. 12 oz. (two trays; each serves 4–6).
- Pumpkin Pie: 9" diam., 2" high (serves 8–10).
- Use & Care
The turkey ships fresh with ice packs to arrive chilled. Immediately upon receipt, refrigerate or freeze the turkey, still in its vacuum-sealed bag. The turkey will keep 5 days refrigerated or up to 3 months frozen.
All of our fresh, free-range, uncooked turkeys are from the Willie Bird Ranch in Sonoma County, California, where the birds are humanely raised on a healthy natural diet.
The sides ship frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during shipment. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands. Upon receipt, place the sides in the freezer, where they will keep for up to 3 months. Place the pie directly in the freezer upon arrival, where it will keep for 3 weeks. To defrost, leave the pie in its box on the counter. Store thawed pie in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Refreezing after thawing is not recommended.
- If frozen, remove the turkey from the freezer. Place the sealed bag in the refrigerator and let thaw for at least 48 hours.
- Place the turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a roasting pan, and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
Roasting an Unstuffed Turkey
- A turkey is easier to prepare and roasts more evenly and faster if left unstuffed; the stuffing can be baked separately. For an unstuffed turkey, roast at 400°F for 30 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 325°F and continue roasting until done, allowing 13 to 15 minutes per pound, approximately 2 hours and 45 minutes to 3 hours and 15 minutes total.
Roasting a Stuffed Turkey
- Stuff the turkey just before putting it in the oven (do not stuff it earlier). Spoon the dressing loosely into the body and neck cavities. Do not overfill, as the dressing will expand during roasting. Truss the turkey. To facilitate removing the stuffing, first line the inside of the cavity with a double layer of cheesecloth, allowing it to extend beyond the cavity by a few inches. Then spoon the stuffing inside. After roasting the bird, gently pull the overhanging cheesecloth and the stuffing will slip out easily, neatly tucked inside the cheesecloth. To ensure that a stuffed turkey cooks evenly, roast the bird slowly, breast side up, at 325°F, covering the breast loosely with foil for the first two-thirds of the roasting time. Using the approximate roasting times above for an unstuffed turkey, add about 30 minutes to the total cooking time.
Testing for Doneness
- The breast and thighs must reach different internal temperatures for ideal doneness. The breast should register 165°F and the thigh, 175°F. Begin testing for doneness 30 minutes to 1 hour before the total roasting time is reached. To test the breast using an instant-read thermometer, insert it into the meatiest part, several inches above the wings. To test the thigh, insert the instant-read thermometer alongside the opening of the main cavity underneath the drumstick, away from the bone. This is the meatiest part of the thigh.
- The turkey will continue to cook internally after you remove it from the oven, so you may take it out when the thermometer registers 3°F to 4°F below the minimum temperature.
- After removing the bird, cover it loosely with aluminum foil and let rest for 20–30 minutes to allow some of the juices to be absorbed back into the meat, which makes it easier to carve and more moist.
Side Dish Preparation
- Traditional Green Bean Casserole: Keep frozen until ready to bake. Preheat oven to 375°F. Remove the plastic wrap and the package of fried shallots from the frozen casserole; set the shallots aside. Place the container on a parchment-lined baking sheet and cover with aluminum foil. Bake until the casserole is golden brown, bubbling at the edges and hot in the center, 45–50 minutes. During the last 2 minutes of baking, remove the foil and scatter the shallots over the top. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Butter Chive Mashed Potatoes: Keep frozen until ready to bake. Preheat oven to 375°F. Remove plastic wrap and place oven-safe tray directly onto lined baking sheet. Bake for 45–55 minutes or until heated through.
- Pumpkin Pie: Store the pie directly in the freezer upon arrival, where it will keep for up to 3 weeks. To defrost, move the pie in its box to the counter. Store thawed pie at room temperature for up to 3 days. Refreezing after thawing is not recommended.
- Free-Range Turkey: Fresh, free-range turkey; includes giblets.
- Pre-Brined Turkey: Turkey, water, salt, spices (kosher salt, organic apple powder [organic apple, organic rice flour], organic lemon powder [organic lemon, silica dioxide], organic garlic, organic rosemary, organic thyme, organic star anise, organic black pepper, organic bay leaf, organic onion); does not include giblets.
- Organic Turkey: Free-range, certified organic turkey; includes giblets.
- Pre-Brined Organic Turkey: Free-range, certified organic turkey, water, salt, spices (kosher salt, organic apple powder [organic apple, organic rice flour], organic lemon powder [organic lemon, silica dioxide], organic garlic, organic rosemary, organic thyme, organic star anise, organic black pepper, organic bay leaf, organic onion); does not include giblets.
- Traditional Green Bean Casserole: Green beans, mushrooms, gruyere cheese (raw milk, cheese cultures, salt, enzymes), whole milk (milk, vitamin D3), fried onions (shallot, palm oil), onions, unsalted butter (cream, natural flavor), mushroom base (mushrooms, salt, cane sugar, maltodextrin, onion powder, soybean oil, garlic powder, food starch, natural butter flavor [milk], natural flavor), enriched unbleached wheat flour (wheat flour, enzyme [added for improved baking], niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), modified food starch, kosher salt, black pepper, dried thyme.
- Butter Chive Mashed Potatoes: Yukon Gold potatoes, half-and-half (milk, cream), unsalted butter (cream), salt, chives.
- Pumpkin Pie: Pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, granulated sugar, unbleached flour (wheat flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), soy oil, eggs, water, vinegar, salt, cinnamon, ground ginger, ground cloves.
For Pre-Thanksgiving delivery, order by Sunday, November 17, 2019 11:59pm ET for delivery November 21-22.
To ensure freshness, perishable items are shipped from the supplier and are not eligible for rush shipping.
- For Thanksgiving delivery, order by 11:59PM PT, Friday, November 22; ships November 26 to arrive by November 27.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Returns Policy.