Dwarf Bare-Root Meyer Lemon Tree
- Online Only
- Vendor Shipped
Sweeter, juicier and more fragrant than ordinary lemons, Meyer lemons can be used as a garnish for cocktails, tossed into a stir-fry to provide a citrusy zing, grated over dishes or eaten right off the tree. Our bare-root tree arrives ready to plant in a pot on the terrace or a sunny spot in your garden.
- Grow indoors in all zones, outdoors in zones with light frost conditions.
- Bare-root tree, suitable for container or ground planting.
- Arrives 18"–24" high.
- Grows 4'–8' high, 3'–4' wide in a pot; 10'–12' high, 8' – 10' wide in the ground.
- Requires full sun.
- Produces white flowers with a delicate, tropical fragrance and sunny yellow fruit that's sweeter than other types of lemon.
- In good conditions, will flower in spring and fall, fruit in winter and summer.
- Grown in USA.
- Agricultural regulations prohibit shipment to FL, TX, AZ.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Bare-root tree is approx. 3 years old at time of shipment.
- Tree arrives with roots packed in damp wood shavings and wrapped in plastic.
- Please water tree immediately upon arrival.
- Use & Care
- Whether planting in a container or in the ground, plant the tree so the root collar (crown roots) shows above the soil line and the top of the fibrous root mass is just below the soil surface. Make sure that soil or mulch is not pushed up against the trunk of the tree.
- Citrus grows best between 55°F and 85°F. Indoor temperatures averaging 65°F are conducive to growth if light is adequate. Protect from freezing temperatures.
- Provide 8 or more hours of direct sunlight per day. If less than 6 hours of natural full sun is provided, supplement with grow lights. An unobstructed window facing south or southwest is ideal.
- Citrus trees require soil that is moist but never soggy. Watering frequency will vary with soil porosity, tree size, and environmental factors. Do not water if the top of the soil is dry without checking the soil at root level. A simple moisture meter, available at garden supply stores, will read moisture at the root level. This inexpensive tool will allow you to never have to guess about whether or not a plant needs water.
- Citrus trees feed heavily on nitrogen. Your fertilizer should have more nitrogen (N) than phosphorous (P) or potassium (K). Use at least a 2-1-1 ratio. Miracid Soil Acidifier is a water-soluble product that works well and is a 3-1-1 ratio. In some regions, you may be able to find specialized citrus/avocado fertilizers. In general, buy a good slow-release formula that contains trace minerals like iron, zinc and manganese and apply according to package directions.
Small, Medium and Large will be shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
Extra Large will be shipped directly from the manufacturer and is not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow up to one to two weeks for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination.View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams-Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 5 out of 5 by jenttn from Love this! Bought this because we do not have much room for a big tree in the ground, and I read this will even do well in a pot. We bought it in the fall of 2014, and my husband was worried the first year because it wasn't getting really big or getting lemons. But now, it is quite large and has tons of wonderful meyer lemons; you know, those lemons they say that have been kissed by a tangerine; just lovely. I did follow good care to plant in the ground (a small planter) with specific instructions for meyer lemons; which were specific to soil drainage. After the right products and initial planting, it's doing great. It did not get fruit the first year, but did a lot of growing. After that, we have gotten fruit all year around thereafter.Date published: 2016-03-12Rated 4 out of 5 by DWiley from A lovely little tree! We admired our friends' potted lemon tree but were unable to find a Meyer lemon tree in our local nurseries. If you dont know Meyer lemons, they are the BEST. Who would have guessed that we could find one at Williams Sonoma?!? A beautiful thriving little 3 year old tree arrived. This was not some scrawny little stick. We planted it in a pot and hope it will flourish indoors. It is mid-autumn now and we do not expect fruit til next summer. Wish us luck!Date published: 2015-10-15Rated 5 out of 5 by MBSD from Beautiful, healthy trees! The trees we ordered arrived in great condition with vibrant, green leaves. Beautiful.Date published: 2015-04-27Rated 5 out of 5 by Bellallymommy from Easy and a Great Looking Tree I live in Illinois. Summers are hot and humid and winters are cold. I thought I would give this a try. I bought this spring of 2014. I had 6 lemons that I finally pick off in December. They were so good. I planted this with peat and Black cow as soil with Chicky Doo Doo. I haven't fertilized it yet. I brought this and my Moro Orange tree in when it got cold and placed them by a southeast facing window. They both have new growth and are blooming again. Very happy with this purchase.Date published: 2015-01-05Rated 1 out of 5 by AdamMir from Highly disappointed I purchased this tree on two separate occasions and the first time, it dropped all of its leaves within a month or two. The second time, same situation and I made sure to follow the care instructions EXACTLY. I even called the vendor who grew the trees for tips and assistance. Even though WS refunded me, I'm a little upset that I wasted time, money on fertilizer and soil... etc.Date published: 2014-11-02Rated 5 out of 5 by DeenaK from sour and sweet I love my new tree, but I hope I don't kill it. It takes lots of sun, less water and special fertilizer. Ask me in the fall.Date published: 2014-06-05Rated 4 out of 5 by LuMar from Pucker up! We ordered one tree and it didn't handle the ride very well and needed to be replaced. WS replaced the tree without any problems. Our new tree arrived and was in great shape. It is beautiful, healthy and planting was a cinch. Our tree is flowering and ready to bare fruit bare fruit in the first year. Cant wait!Date published: 2014-03-31