Calphalon Precision Self-Sharpening 15-Piece Cutlery Set with SharpIN Technology
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
Calphalon Self-Sharpening cutlery helps you keep your cutlery's edge. This 15-piece forged knife set comes with a storage block with built-in sharpeners in four of the slots. Every time you pull out a knife or put it back, the blade is sharpened at the correct angle, ensuring peak sharpness for every task.
- Blades are fully forged from high-carbon, stain-resistant German steel.
- Calphalon Precision Series knives are precisely tapered for optimal edge retention.
- Four slots in 15-slot storage block have integrated ceramic sharpeners to automatically sharpen straight-edge knives: chef's, santoku, utility and paring.
- Block includes one empty slot to accommodate an additional knife.
- Unique bar-riveted handles are labeled on ends for easy identification in block.
15-Piece Set includes:
- 3 1/2" paring knife
- 6" santoku
- 6" utility knife
- 8" chef's knife
- 8" bread knife
- 8 steak knives
- Kitchen shears
- 15-slot pine storage block with walnut finish
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2" Paring Knife: 3 1/2"-long blade, 8" long overall.
- 6" Santoku: 6"-long blade, 11 1/4" long overall.
- 6" Utility Knife: 6"-long blade, 10 3/4" long overall.
- 8" Chef's Knife: 8"-long blade, 13 3/4" long overall.
- 8" Bread Knife: 8"-long blade, 13 1/4" long overall.
- Steak Knife (8): 4 3/4"-long blade, 8 3/4" long overall.
- Kitchen Shears: 7 3/4" long.
- Storage Block: 13" x 7 1/2" x 11 1/2" high.
- Full tang for ideal balance and strength.
- Steak knives made from stamped steel.
- Made in China.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- When storing knives in the block, please refer to use and care guide, which indicates which slot is best for each knife based on size of blade.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Storage slots with an integrated sharpener automatically sharpen straight-edge blades every time you remove or return knives to the block. There is no need to bear down or apply excessive pressure; the sharpener is designed to work efficiently with your natural motion.
- Do not place serrated-edge knives in the sharpening slots. Sharpen serrated knives at home using a sharpener specifically designed for a serrated blade, or have them sharpened by a professional.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
- Price Match Guarantee
Williams Sonoma Price Match Guarantee
At Williams Sonoma, we're committed to bringing you the best quality at the best prices.
If you find a lower price on any of our products, we'll match it—guaranteed. Click here for details.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Scott from Great Quality Steaks are razor sharp, Wood Block is well made. Well worth the money.Date published: 2018-09-21Rated 2 out of 5 by MrHappy from Faded Handles I just bought this knife set and they are nice and solid and cut well, BUT the handles are faded and look like they were 10 years old and run through the dishwasher many times. Most of the knives were like this straight out of the box. I handed washed them with a soft sponge and could not even rub the handles clean. The handles look dirty and while I like the set unfortunately I will be taking them back because of the dirty, old handle look of the knives. Will add photos later.Date published: 2017-10-04Rated 5 out of 5 by PaulIe from Sharp as a knife should be I bought this set as a Christmas present. The recipient was so impressed that, after listening to the tremendous feedback, I had to order one for myself. The bandaids on my hands are proof that they live up to Calphalon's claims. Never realized that no more hacking away at food had been within my reach!!Date published: 2017-01-02Rated 5 out of 5 by Daisy18 from Beautiful set and very functional. The set is a very nice piece to have displayed on the counter and very accessible for meal prep. The handles on the knives fit very well in the hand and the ease of cutting and slicing is effortless due to the sharp blades. We have not yet used the steak knives but are looking forward to doing so.Date published: 2016-11-08Rated 5 out of 5 by texbec from Best set I ever used It really is sharp, I can't believe the value. I love the look, too. Very pretty.Date published: 2016-11-01Rated 5 out of 5 by Joyley from Stays Sharp! I became a vegetarian at the start of the year and because of the laborious nature of dicing veggies I "treated" myself to a good knife set . They weren't just good, but are GREAT! I was hesitant at first about the "sharpIN" claim, but they have consistently stayed sharp and saved an enormous amount of time in the kitchen. The only con is that the block is large and I have limited counter space and store them in a cabinet. Other than that they are perfect.Date published: 2016-06-28Rated 4 out of 5 by eLock from Excellent knives but not a full set! The knives and block are great. The knives are well-balanced and really nice looking. The blades come very sharp. The block is sleek and I love the color. However, I was very surprised and disappointed to find that the set is incomplete! It comes with all knives except the 6" utility knife, which you have to purchase separately to complete the set, so there is one empty slot. I contacted Calphalon and they claim that this is not an error but rather that they "created it this way so customers who wanted to complete the set with the last knife could do so." Nowhere on the product description or in the photos does it say you have to buy the last knife separately so I felt deceived. Still worth the price but cannot give it 5 stars.Date published: 2016-05-26Rated 5 out of 5 by gramy1493 from 15-pc cultery set The first knife set in my 50+ years of housekeeping, that I have a cutlery set that does the job with ease. I am so happy with it, ever one should have a setDate published: 2015-12-05
Are the steak knives in this set serrated? Hi Mrs K, There are serrations at the top half of the steak knife blades.Date published: 2019-04-16