Calphalon Contemporary Self-Sharpening 15-Piece Block Set with SharpIN Tehcnology
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Calphalon's Contemporary Self-Sharpening Cutlery combines top culinary performance and sleek, modern style with ingenious SharpIN Technology. The 15-piece set includes a storage block with built-in ceramic sharpeners in five of the slots. Whenever you pull out a knife or put it back, the blade is sharpened at the correct angle, ensuring a perfectly sharp edge every time.
- Sharp blades are fully forged from high-carbon, stain-resistant German steel.
- Bolsters and full tangs ensure ideal balance and maximum strength.
- High-impact plastic handles are ergonomically contoured for a secure, comfortable grip.
- For easy identification, each piece features a convenient end cap labeled with the knife's name and size.
- Five slots in storage block have integrated ceramic sharpeners to automatically sharpen straight-edge knives: chef's, santoku, utility and paring.
15-piece set includes:
- 4 1/2" paring knife.
- 6" utility knife.
- 7" santoku.
- 8" bread knife.
- 8" chef's knife.
- Eight 4 1/2" steak knives.
- Kitchen shears.
- 16-slot pine storage block with walnut finish.
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 4 1/2" Paring Knife: 4 1/2"-long blade; 4 1/4"-long handle; 5.6 oz.
- 6" Utility Knife: 6 1/2"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 6.4 oz.
- 7" Santoku: 7"-long blade; 5 1/2"-long handle; 9.6 oz.
- 8" Bread Knife: 8"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 8.1 oz.
- 8" Chef's Knife: 8 1/2"-long blade; 5 1/2"-long handle; 10.4 oz.
- Steak Knives: 4 1/2"-long blades; 4 1/2"-long handles; 2 oz. each.
- Storage Block: 9 1/2" x 5 3/4" x 9 1/4" high.
- Steak knives are precision-stamped from Asian high-carbon steel.
- Made in China.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Storage slots with an integrated sharpener automatically sharpen straight-edge blades every time you remove or return knives to the block. There is no need to bear down or apply excessive pressure; the sharpener is designed to work efficiently with your natural motion.
- Do not place serrated-edge knives in the sharpening slots. Sharpen serrated knives at home using a sharpener specifically designed for a serrated blade, or have them sharpened by a professional.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
- Price Match Guarantee
Williams Sonoma Price Match Guarantee
At Williams Sonoma, we're committed to bringing you the best quality at the best prices.
If you find a lower price on any of our products, we'll match it—guaranteed. Click here for details.
Rated 4 out of 5 by My knives from Great features Just got it and so far the knives are simply spectacular! I Love them.Date published: 2018-12-26Rated 4 out of 5 by Outlaw from Excellellent quality Pleased with performance and appearance. However, disappointed that there are 2 empty positions in storage block. I gave 1 set as a gift and recipient jokingly asked if I had kept 2 knives for myself! How do I purchase knives for 2 open positions?Date published: 2018-12-09Rated 4 out of 5 by Ambre from Disappointed I recieved these as a Christmas gift from my husband after admiring them for a while. I loved them and still do really, however I am disappointed about a few things. First they rust and I have owned cheap knives that don't even do this. Second they are not diswasher friendly, after one wash the black handle dulled to a smokey grey color. So this leaves me split on if I would ever spend this type of money for this type of quality again...Date published: 2018-11-07Rated 2 out of 5 by KimberlyAnn from Rust We bought this set this christmas as a gift for my mother because she liked my aunts set. Some of them started to rust about a month ago. They are a nice set. I noticed how well they cut compared to her older set. In fact im very careful with them. And the built in sharpening is a nice feature. But im quite disappointed that they are rusting for the price when we take care of them.Date published: 2018-03-28Rated 5 out of 5 by Sheila from Great knives So far i love the knives glad we purchased them love the self sharpening featureDate published: 2018-01-24Rated 4 out of 5 by Leejay64 from Very nice. I`ve been wanting a set of these knives for a long time. My old set just wouldn`t wear out fast enough but I finally got this set and gave my old knives away. There`sDate published: 2018-01-21Rated 1 out of 5 by CaseyLMoore from Buckets of Rust My wonderful husband bought me this knife set for Christmas last year. I was so excited to have a self-sharpening set, and anticipated them being of good quality based on my knowledge of the Calphalon brand. However, soon after purchasing, the knives began to rust. What a disappointment. I wish we had returned them immediately...Date published: 2017-11-18Rated 5 out of 5 by Gus87 from Very nice heavy duty Very nice set high quality xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcxxxxxxxxxxDate published: 2017-11-18