Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 13-Piece Knife Set
- Free Fast Shipping
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
From the nonstick experts at Calphalon, the Contemporary knife line features blades designed to make prep tasks efficient and easy. Each German steel blade is coated in PFOA-free nonstick silicone for cleaner slices without sticking, and the chef's knife and slicer also have a raised ridge running along the blade to further reduce friction. This 13-piece set includes a SharpIN wood block with built-in ceramic blade sharpeners.
- Blades coated in PFOA-free nonstick silicone to reduce sticking and simplify cleaning.
- Longitudinal blade ridge releases food easily (chef's knife and slicer knife).
- Blades are fully forged from high-carbon, stain-resistant German steel.
- High- impact polyresin handles are ergonomically contoured for a secure, comfortable grip.
- Four slots in 12-slot storage block have integrated ceramic sharpeners to automatically sharpen straight-edge knives: chef's, santoku, slicer and paring.
13-Piece Set includes:
- 3 1/2" paring knife.
- 7" santoku.
- 8" bread knife.
- 8" chef's knife with ridge.
- 8" slicer knife with ridge.
- Six 4 1/2" steak knives.
- Kitchen shears.
- 12-slot maple storage block with stainless-steel cap.
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2" Paring Knife: 3 1/2" blade, 4" handle; 2.9 oz.
- 7" Santoku: 7 1/4" blade, 5 1/4" handle; 8.7 oz.
- 8" Bread Knife: 8 1/4" blade, 5" handle; 8.5 oz.
- 8" Chef's Knife: 8 1/2" blade, 5 1/2" handle; 12.3 oz.
- 8" Slicer: 8 1/2" blade, 5" handle; 8.1 oz.
- Steak Knives: 4 1/2" blades, 4 1/4" handles; 2 oz. each.
- Shears: 8" long overall; 4.2 oz.
- Storage Block: 8" x 5 3/4" x 8 1/4" high.
- Bolsters and full tangs ensure ideal balance and maximum strength.
- For easy identification, handle end caps are labeled with the knife's name and size.
- Steak knives are precision-stamped from Asian high-carbon steel.
- Made in China.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- When storing knives in the block, please refer to use and care guide, which indicates which slot is best for each knife based on size of blade.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Storage slots with an integrated sharpener automatically sharpen straight-edge blades every time you remove or return knives to the block. There is no need to bear down or apply excessive pressure; the sharpener is designed to work efficiently with your natural motion.
- Do not place serrated-edge knives in the sharpening slots. Sharpen serrated knives at home using a sharpener specifically designed for a serrated blade, or have them sharpened by a professional.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Rated 5 out of 5 by Rednavarre8631 from Sharp knife set I got this Calphalon Contemporary Self Sharpening Nonstick 13 piece knife set to try. I must say the knife block which holds the knife is awesome. The knife's themselves are amazing. Makes meal prep really nice. Everything all in one place. And never a dull knife. #calphanlonknife [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]Date published: 2019-10-05Rated 4 out of 5 by Iowa from Beautiful and functional This Calphalon Contemporary Self Sharpening Nonstick 13 piece set is perfect for any home. The set looks great and will complement any kitchen. The knives have stayed sharp for several weeks and they glide through meat, veggies and crusty bread. We've enjoyed using them and the labels are very handy for the amateur cook. I am happy to have a set both look good and work like advertised! [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]Date published: 2019-09-16Rated 5 out of 5 by adadr89 from Sharp knives every time This knife set is ingenious. I appreciate that it includes every knife I might need (and some that I'd never heard of before) in a block that cares for them more regularly and efficiently than I ever could. Aside from the fantastic assortment of cutlery, the set in its entirety is elegant and sophisticated. In the past I hid my knife block in a cabinet. Not anymore. I am not exaggerating when I say this is a stunner. It looks and feels like I have all the tools of a professional kitchen at home. And seriously, the built in sharpener is practical, functional and I can't believe I've never seen it before. Brilliant! [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]Date published: 2019-09-13Rated 5 out of 5 by Stefvict04 from Great features! The Calphalon contemporary self sharpening non stick 13 piece set is very high quality. Self sharpening is a big plus and a great feature to this set. Weighted handles make it easier to use the knives. Presentation of knives and block is extraordinary. [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]Date published: 2019-09-12Rated 5 out of 5 by Meriahwhitson from Awesome self sharpening feature I have been looking for a great set of knives and now I have these. I was super impressed the first time I cut with these. They are very sharp, I've been cutting every thing now. I used to hate cutting veggies and other things in the kitchen. These are the Sharpest knives I've ever owned. I really like the base that holds them it looks great in my kitchen. The best thing is every time you take out or insert a knife you are sharpening it, except the steak knives. Also every knife has a place and so does the kitchen shears! [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]Date published: 2019-09-11Rated 5 out of 5 by Smanion from Beautiful set I am so thrilled with these knives. I dread sharpening knives and every time I do they seem to dull quickly. With this set you don't have to worryabout that. The self sharpening is so convenient and I no longer have to worry about them being dull. I would highly recommend them. [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]Date published: 2019-09-11Rated 5 out of 5 by kayalc84 from Great set of knives I love the Calphalon brand, so I was excited about this knife set. Unpacking: Opening the box, everything was packaged carefully and individually wrapped to ensure that you won't get cut by any of the blades. There was no warranty information, product registration, or information on the care of the knives in the box however. I had to look up all that information on the company website. The knife block is a beautiful solid dark wood. There are only 4 self sharpening knife spots since the other knives are serrated. The blades are easily sharpened just by pulling them out of their respective slots. Unfortunately, 3 of the 4 straight edge knives were not perfect and had tiny nicks on the edge. So they needed to be sharpened first before using. The labels at the butt end of the handles are easy to read and identify each knife type, except for the steak knives. Using the knives: The knives have some weight to them, but feel quite balanced in your hand. The 8" slicer knife was great when slicing up cucumbers and tomatoes. I've never been able to slice cucumbers so thin using a knife! The 7" santoku knife was great for cubing some cheddar cheese. There was little residue left on the knife and cleaning was easy due to the non-stick coating. The 3.5" paring knife cuts through a lime like butter! This is great set of knives! [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]Date published: 2019-09-10Rated 4 out of 5 by Gigi14 from Great features I have bee using these knives for a couple of weeks. I really like them because they are lightweight but strong enough to do what I need to do. I like the feel of the knives and the look of them. I love the block because it is real wood. It's very attractive and the wood smell is wonderful! I always forget to sharpen my knives so the sharpener built into the block is the best ever! [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]Date published: 2019-09-10