Calphalon Classic SharpIN 12-Piece Knife Block Set
- Free Fast Shipping
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
Calphalon Classic Self-Sharpening Cutlery is peak-sharp every time you use it, thanks to ingenious SharpIN™ Technology with ceramic sharpeners built right into the knife block. Whenever you pull out a knife or place it back, the blade is sharpened at the correct angle. This 12-piece set includes a storage block with sharpeners in three slots for the straight-edge knives.
- Built-in ceramic sharpeners automatically sharpen straight-edge knives with each use.
- Sharp blades are fully forged from high-carbon, stain-resistant German steel.
- Bolsters and full tangs ensure ideal balance and maximum strength.
- Handles with three visible rivets are contoured for a secure, comfortable grip.
- For easy identification, end caps are labeled with the knife's name and size.
12-piece set includes:
- 4 1/2" paring knife
- 5" santoku
- 6" serrated utility knife
- 8" chef's knife
- Six 4 1/2" steak knives with semi-serrated blades
- Kitchen shears
- 11-slot blonde rubberwood storage block
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 4 1/2" Paring Knife: 4 1/2"-long blade; 4"-long handle; 3.2 oz.
- 5" Santoku: 5"-long blade; 4 1/4"-long handle; 5.1 oz.
- 6" Serrated Utility Knife: 6"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 4.8 oz.
- 8" Chef's Knife: 8"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 8 oz.
- Steak Knives: 4 1/2"-long blades; 4"-long handles; 2.5 oz. each.
- Kitchen Shears: 8 1/4" long; 4.1 oz.
- Storage Block: 15" x 5 1/4" x 10 1/2" high.
- Three slots in block have integrated ceramic sharpeners to automatically sharpen straight-edge knives.
- Steak knives are precision-stamped from high-carbon steel.
- Made in China.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Storage slots with an integrated sharpener automatically sharpen straight-edge blades every time you remove or return knives to the block. There is no need to bear down or apply excessive pressure; the sharpener is designed to work efficiently with your natural motion.
- Do not place serrated-edge knives in the sharpening slots. Sharpen serrated knives at home using a sharpener specifically designed for a serrated blade, or have them sharpened by a professional.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Michele48189 from He loved the knife set! I bought my son a knife set, and he just about fell off his chair when he opened them on Christmas Eve. He knows Calphalon is a Great brand! He called me yesterday to thank me again, and said the Self Sharpening Classic Knife Set is all that it’s cracked up to be. His birthday is at the end of this month, and I plan on getting him a Calphalon Pots and Pan set. Can’t wait to see the look on his face when he opens those!Date published: 2018-01-01Rated 5 out of 5 by Jackie54 from Absolutely love them! I purchased this knife set a few months ago and wish I had done this years ago! These are the best knives I have ever owned and I've been cooking for over 30 years. The self-sharpening block keeps them in perfect, ready-to-use condition and they make a beautiful addition to my kitchen.Date published: 2017-08-02Rated 1 out of 5 by Sheri P from Disappointed I always used there products have pots and pans . Always loved the products I have bought ! I was given these knives for wedding gift very disappointed and ending up getting rid of them . Any suggestions on good knife set please let me know .Date published: 2017-07-19Rated 5 out of 5 by Stephen180 from Great Knives Bought this for Dad last Christmas. He said they are by far the best knives he's ever used. He used to own a restaurant so knows his knives. I'm going to order a set for myself soon.Date published: 2017-05-29Rated 5 out of 5 by HolePunchSD from Simply AWESOME! I received this beautiful knife set from my son for Christmas. They are simply fantastic and a great addition to my kitchen!Date published: 2016-12-31Rated 4 out of 5 by Papahawk12 from Great addition to Kitchen Since the addition of the knife to our kitchen, they have become the stars. The sharpening feature has made them a reliable resource when needed every time.Date published: 2016-09-20Rated 1 out of 5 by northeast47 from Already rusting-poor quality I bought this set for my boyfriend for Christmas and the knives are already rusting. We have cleaned them according to instructions and do not use a dishwasher. Poor quality!Date published: 2016-07-18Rated 4 out of 5 by nitajean from 12pc cutlery set I bought this as a gift, didn't notice that the block has a slot for a bread knife but wasn't included in the set, very disappointed in that!Date published: 2015-07-26