Brod & Taylor Folding Proofer & Slow Cooker
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
This enhanced version of the Folding Bread Proofer has a temperature range up to 195˚F, which allows you to slow-cook roasts and one-pot meals in addition to proofing bread dough. Extend your culinary repertoire to all kinds of low-temperature probiotic foods, from kombucha and yogurt to tempeh and black garlic.
- Rise and ferment yeast bread dough with professional results.
- Expanded temperature range (70–195˚F) allows you to slow-cook foods, make yogurt, ferment kombucha, temper chocolate, craft soft cheese and more.
- Maintains consistent warmth and humidity, even in cool or dry conditions.
- Folds flat for easy storage; accessories store inside.
- Slow Cook mode at temperatures from 85–195˚F in 5˚ increments; up to 8-qt. pot.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Exterior: 18" x 14 1/2" x 10" high (3" high when folded closed).
- 2-gal. cap.
- 7 lb. 8 oz.
- Model # FP-105.
- This product is intended for use in the United States and Canada and is built to United States electrical standards.
- Made in China.
- Makes up to 8 qt. yogurt or crème fraîche.
- Humid Proofer mode for proofing sourdough and yeast breads.
- Dry Proofer mode for culturing yogurt and butter, ripening soft cheese and fermenting kombucha, kefir and tempeh.
- Safely melts chocolate without burning and holds tempered chocolate.
- No need to cover dough; included water tray keeps humidity at optimal level.
- Large viewing window.
- Holds one bowl or two full-sized loaves.
- Reinforced polypropylene body.
- Anodized aluminum heating plate.
- Stainless-steel wire rack.
- Includes recipes.
- Use & Care
- Always disconnect plug and let cool completely before cleaning.
- Do not leave water in tray for long periods. Wait until heating plate has cooled before emptying tray.
- If necessary, wipe the housing and metal heating plate with a damp cloth. Do not use chemical or abrasive cleaners. Do not immerse appliance in water or place under running water.
- Wash all removable parts and accessories in warm soapy water, or simply wipe with a soft cloth moistened with mild detergent solution.
- After cleaning, let dry completely before folding for storage. The wire rack, water tray and detachable power cord can go inside for storage.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 5 out of 5 by 5AMcoffee from Definitely Worth It This was a tough decision to spend this much on a "gadget" which I wasn't sure would really help address the problem of proofing my bread doughs. I have an open concept home which makes it hard to find a draft free place for the doughs to get comfortable enough to do their thing. Well, I no longer think of this as a gadget, it's more like divine intervention. This has completely simplified my bread making. This proofer couldn't be easier to set up, use, break down and store away. I'm petite and not very strong, but it's very lightweight so no problem handling it. It quickly gets to the right temp and stays there. I'm able to fit anything from a small boule banneton up to my large 6 liter dough bucket (without lid) inside. I'm really impressed with how well it's built; the parts are all of good quality and fit nicely together. I appreciate this every day, as I set it up to bake bread. This is a good investment if it holds up to daily use, which I hope it will.Date published: 2017-02-06Rated 5 out of 5 by JackBrooklyn from Yes, you really need one of these. If you're a serious lover of yogurt, and making your own on a regular basis, you really need one of these. I always ferment my yogurt for 24 hours at 105 degrees, to remove all lactose, and this gizmo makes it a breeze. Those yogurt makers with those small jars, just don't cut it, if you and your family eat yogurt on a regular basis. People try making yogurt with a various number of methods, but this is the easiest, and most consistent. It also works great for proofing bread dough. I use it for "No Knead Bread", and the dough turns out perfect. It's an investment, but a good one.Date published: 2017-01-25Rated 5 out of 5 by Heyokah from There's A New Baker In Town... ...And she's me! After all these years of rigging heat lamps, buttered plastic wrap, heating pads, boiling water, oven light, etc., finally, a simple, easy to use, perfect proofing environment with controlled temperatures and (or not) humidity that will restore anyone's enthusiasm for baking bread. And with the Shelf Rack Accessory (FS-165, not included) capacity easily doubles to include 2 sheet pans, or four loaf pans. It did well proofing and holding chocolate, and functioned adequately as a slow cooker, and a sous vide. My tiny house is only 750 square feet, so I don't give up space readily, but this multi function appliance easily made the cut. I store it and the accessories in an old attaché case. Perfect!Date published: 2017-01-19Rated 5 out of 5 by Luvs2bake1961 from Bread Making Made Easier! I have used this several times already. My kitchen is typically not warm enough to quickly rise dough. This proffer speeds up the process considerably. I love it!Date published: 2017-01-18