Boos Live-Edge Cherry Board
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Inspired by the original Boos butcher blocks crafted in 1887, these solid hardwood blocks are handcrafted in Illinois from sustainably harvested kiln-dried cherry. They feature exposed, unfinished edges to showcase each board's unique qualities, from wood-grain patterns to age rings and rustic bark. Each board is hand-finished with Boos® food-grade oil and branded with Boos' original logo.
- Crafted in the USA from sustainably harvested American cherry.
- Solid wood board holds up to years of slicing and chopping.
- Due to natural variations in the unfinished edges, overall dimensions may vary up to 1/2 inch.
- Made by John Boos & Co., the leading manufacturer of butcher blocks and a staple of the commercial cooking industry since 1887.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Small: 13" x 12" x 1 3/4" thick; 7.5 lb.
- Medium: 17" x 12" x 1 3/4" thick; 10 lb.
- Large: 21" x 12" x 1 3/4" thick; 12.25 lb.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2–3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Rated 4 out of 5 by Ms Clams from Great board for some This is a beautiful, solid block of wood, with a lovely color and grain. Great if you have a lot of counter space and give it a permanent place on your counter. It's extra thick and very heavy, so not ideal if you will be storing on a shelf and taking out for daily use. Took up too much space in our vertical storage space for cutting boards and baking trays. I returned it.Date published: 2020-01-19Rated 2 out of 5 by k12hyphen from Not as pictured This is a high quality Boos cutting board. If that is what you are looking for and it fits your aesthetic, it is a great product. However, it is NOT a live-edge. I ordered this as a gift and received a standard block, square edge cherry board. I called customer service and they processed a return. I sent the original board back, waited for the new item and received the exact same board again. On the packaging of both items it is labeled as a "Rustic-Edge Design" and I am not entirely sure what that means, but it seems like a standard block cutting board. It may be a Boos issue or a Williams Sonoma issue, either way just know that it is not live-edge.Date published: 2020-01-09Rated 5 out of 5 by JB07 from Large Maple Solid Wood Just received it so no longevity review but amazing quality. With no seems there is no more worrying about warping or splitting. Should last a very long time. It does like to slide so some sticky rubber feet might be needed.Date published: 2018-01-04