Australian Big Chop Rectangular Cutting Board
Our beautiful handmade board shows off a distinctive combination of two iconic Australian woods. The eye-catching piece makes a great kitchen chopping block, or put it to work serving your favorite party foods.
- Use the board for everyday chopping tasks or as an impressive presentation piece for cheeses, charcuterie, antipasti or a selection of appetizers.
- Each wood adds a distinctive grain and coloration, ranging from light golden brown to deep brown, including the black-streaked reddish hue of Tasmanian blackwood and the rich red, brown and orange tones of myrtle.
- Natural variations in the woods ensure that no two boards are alike.
- Made in Australia using native Tasmanian timbers – all responsibly harvested.
- A Williams Sonoma exclusive.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 19 1/2” x 13 1/2”.
- 1 1/2” thick.
- 9 lb. 3 oz.
- Made in Australia.
- Use & Care
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Do not place hot items on the board.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders reciived by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 5 out of 5 by DW1111 from Amazing Beauty A good board is like a good spouse, you just know when you've found the right one. This board is solid, beautiful, and takes wear and use like a pro. Whether chopping or carving, or serving, this board is heavy enough to stay put for the entire task. It's beautiful enough to come out to the table, and maintains its integrity while on the counter. After years of use, it has not warped or split, and is very kind to knives. The other review suggests a light sanding and re-oiling keeps it like new. Yes, it does! A little love and maintenance, and this board only grows more beautiful. In our home, it is one of the more time tested pieces. I hope you enjoy yours like we do ours.Date published: 2015-01-25Rated 5 out of 5 by DALEX from Gorgeous board This is not only a generous size, but its so beautiful on the counter. Every couple of months, my hubby takes it out to the garage and gives the surface a light sand, then I oil it and its like new. Highly recommend!Date published: 2013-07-25