Sassafras Superstone™ La Cloche Round Bread Cloche
- Free Fast Shipping
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Replicating the benefits of baking in a brick oven, the ceramic bread cloche turns out individual loaves with tender, moist interiors and crispy, evenly golden crusts. The unglazed clay absorbs heat to ensure even baking on all sides, while the porous surface absorbs moisture to give the crust a crispy bite. Use the cloche to both proof and bake your loaf – ridges inside the bell produce proofing lines in the crust for a classic bakery-style finish.
- Traditional unglazed stoneware cloche is made of thick, durable Superstone ceramic.
- Designed for proofing and baking in one vessel.
- Turns out round loaves up to 1 lb. with moist interiors and golden crust.
- Base can also be used to roast potatoes and other vegetables and to bake pies, quiches or deep-dish pizzas.
- Recipe and instruction booklet included.
- Cloche: 11" diam., 8" high; 3 lbs. 2 oz.
- Base: 9 3/4" diam., 1 1/2" high; 1 lb. 6 oz.
- Made in China.
- Use & Care
- For oven use only.
- Clay will darken with use.
- Always start in a cold oven. Cloche should not be placed in a preheated oven, as it needs to slowly increase in temperature
- Use mitts when removing hot cloche from the oven.
- Place hot cloche on a trivet or hot pad.
- Avoid rapid changes in temperature.
- To clean, rinse with warm water and scrub with a scouring pad.
- Do not wash with soap.
- Coat with cooking oil to season.
- Dry thoroughly before storing.
- Store in a dry, well-ventilated place.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.