- La Porcellana Bianca Firenze Plate with Stand Sugg. Price $49.95 Sale $38.99
- La Porcellana Bianca Villadeifiori Plate with Stand Sugg. Price $16.95 Sale $12.99
- La Porcellana Bianca Firenze Cake Plate with Stand Sugg. Price $79.95 Sale $62.99
- La Porcellana Bianca Momenti Cake Plate Sugg. Price $24.95 Sale $18.99
- Spring Garden Cake Stand Sugg. Price $59.95 Sale $46.99
- Glass Cake Stand Sugg. Price $29.95 Sale $23.99
- Pillivuyt Porcelain Cake Stand $59.95 – $79.95
- Alexia Cake Stand $39.95
- White Marble Stand, Round Sugg. Price $39.95 – $49.95 Sale $31.99 – $39.99
- Copper Stand $139.95
- Ateco Cake Stand, 12" $79.95
- Glass Domed Cake Plate/Punch Bowl $39.95
- Marble 2-Tiered Stand $79.95
- Pillivuyt Eclectique 3-Tiered Stand $119.95
- Marble & Bronze 3-Tiered Stand $159.95
- Marble Pedestal $79.95
- Glass Cake Dome, Large $39.95
- Metal Dome $149.95
Cakestands and Tiered StandsDisplay baked goods, small bites and other culinary delights in an organized, eye-catching way with cake stands or tiered stands from Williams-Sonoma. From a purely functional standpoint, cake stands elevate your cake to provide easy access while you frost and decorate it. They also provide an attractive way to present cakes to guests, organize cupcakes, arrange cookies and assemble appetizers. With the range of cake stand sizes and styles available, choosing just one can be a challenge. While you shop, consider the size, shape and finish to pick the perfect addition to your serveware collection.
Start by looking at the size of the cake stand. If you’re buying a single stand, choose one that is as big as or bigger than the usual size of your cakes. For example, if you usually make 10" round cakes, look for a cakestand at least 10" in diameter. Anything smaller leaves your cake unstable. Height is another important consideration, especially if you use the stand to decorate your cakes. Aim for a stand that's at least 4" to 6" tall so you get a clear view of the cake and comfortable working area that lets you work with your decorating tools without having to hunch over.
The style of the stand you choose is especially important for creating the finished look of your cake when you present it to guests or display it on a dessert table. For example, clear glass cake stands and tiered stands are among the most versatile options because they coordinate with whatever color scheme you’ve chosen. Decorative patterns give the glass timeless appeal and elegance, while smooth, simple stands offer a sleek, modern look. Domed designs provide added protection for cakes and keep them fresher for longer. Additionally, many cake domes can double as a punch bowl. Just invert it, fill it with your favorite beverage and ladle the punch into glasses.
Consider how you want to use the stand. If you aren’t using it to actually decorate a cake, consider tiered stands, which work equally well for arranging baked goods and other small bites such as appetizers and hors d’oeurvres. If you’re looking for something to use just for cakes, match the shape of the stand to the shape of the cake you most often bake. Lastly, consider the material and finish of the stand. Marble offers the benefit of enhanced temperature control to keep your baked goods and other foods cooler for longer, while glass and metal add a little shimmer and shine to the display.