- Riedel Vinum Mixed Gift Set, Pay 6-Get 8 Sugg. Price $263.60 Our Price $149.95
- Riedel Vinum Cabernet Glasses, Buy 6-Get 8 Sugg. Price $263.60 Our Price $149.95
- Riedel Sommelier 260th Anniversary Burgundy Glasses, Set of 2 Sugg. Price $230 Our Price $115
- Riedel Sommelier 260th Anniversary Bordeaux Glasses, Gift Set of 2 Sugg. Price $230 Our Price $115
- Riedel Vinum Celebration Cabernet Glasses, Gift Set of 6 Sugg. Price $197 Our Price $99
- Riedel "O" Champagne Flutes, Pay 3-Get 4 Set Sugg. Price $49.90 Our Price $37.95
- Riedel "O" Celebration Cabernet Wine Glasses, Set of 6 Sugg. Price $74.85 Our Price $49.95
- Riedel "O" Chardonnay Wine Tumblers, Pay 3-Get 4 Set Sugg. Price $49.90 Our Price $37.95
- Riedel "O" Cabernet Wine Tumblers, Pay 3-Get 4 Set Sugg. Price $49.90 Our Price $37.95
- Riedel Ouverture Wine Glasses, Set of 6 & Decanter Gift Set Sugg. Price $72 Our Price $59.95
- Williams Sonoma Encore Decanter Gift Set Sugg. Price $89.75 Sale $62.99
- Williams Sonoma Reserve Stemless Red Wine Glasses & Decanter Gift Set Sugg. Price $49.95 Our Price $39.96
- Williams Sonoma Reserve Cabernet Glasses, Buy 6-Get 8 Set Sugg. Price $199.60 Our Price $119.96
- Williams Sonoma Reserve Red Wine Tumblers, Buy 6-Get 8 Set Sugg. Price $103.60 Our Price $62.36
- Williams Sonoma Estate Cabernet Glasses, Buy 6-Get 8 Set Sugg. Price $199.60 Our Price $119.96
- Williams Sonoma Estate Red Wine Tumblers, Buy 6-Get 8 Set Sugg. Price $103.60 Our Price $62.36
- Schott Zwiesel Grace Cabernet Wine Glasses, Pay-6 Get 8 Set Sugg. Price $144 Our Price $108
- Yours, Mine, Ours Stemless Wine Glasses & Decanter Set $49.95
- Ceramic Sake Cups & Decanter Sugg. Price $39.95 Sale $31.99
Wine Glass Sets
The type of wine glass you choose is almost as important as the type of wine you drink. Unlike other types of glassware, wine glasses are built to maintain the drink’s aroma, fragrance and texture. That is why it is important to fill your home bar with a variety of wine glass sets. At the very least, you need a set for serving red wine and a set for serving white wine, and you can find both at Williams-Sonoma.
Glasses for red wine tend to be larger and fuller than their white counterparts. The opening to the bowl – or the part that holds the liquid – of the glass tends to be wider too. This allows it to aerate faster because more air can reach it, and it allows you to get as close as possible to test the aroma. Red wine glasses can also be broken up into smaller categories, such as Bordeaux and Burgundy glasses.
White wine glasses, on the other hand, tend to be taller and slimmer. The bowl is more U-shaped. With white wine, it is all about how the liquid reaches your tongue, so you may find glass sets for both younger wines and more mature wines.
While wine glasses are often associated with having long stems, stemless options are also becoming more popular. With their sleek, modern appearance, these tumblers make a sophisticated addition to your more casual parties and gatherings. These stemless wine glass sets also offer traits for both red and white wines. For example, our set of Riedel “O” Chardonnay tumblers is designed with medium- to full-bodied white wines in mind, such as Old World Chardonnay and Pinot Grigio. Similarly, a set of Riedel “O” Cabernet tumblers is customized for your enjoyment of complex red wines like Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Bordeaux.
Wine glass sets typically come in sets of two, four and eight. They may be all for white wines, all for red wines or a blend of the two. Find crystal clear sets in our collection, some of which can be monogrammed with your initial to add an extra personal touch to your home wine collection. One of our sets also includes a gorgeous crystal decanter made of lead-free, mouth-blown crystal from Turkey. The set makes an excellent gift for the wine connoisseur in your life and is ideal for both everyday use, as well as entertaining.