- OXO Simple Mandoline $39.95
- de Buyer Revolution Dicing Mandoline $199.95
- Michel Bras Mandoline Sugg. Price $313 Our Price $249.95
- OXO V-Blade Mandoline $39.95
- de Buyer Viper Dicing Mandoline $149.95
- de Buyer Kobra Adjustable Slicer $49.95
- OXO Handheld Slicer $24.95
- Benriner Mandoline Slicer $59.95
- Paderno Spiralizer 4-Blade $49.95
- Paderno Collapsible 3-Blade Spiralizer $39.95
- Paderno Handheld Spiralizer, 2-Blade $14.95
- Paderno 4-Blade Spiralizer & Spiralizer Cookbook Sugg. Price $64.90 Our Price $59.95
- Paderno Collapsible 3-Blade Spiralizer & Spiralizer Cookbook Sugg. Price $54.90 Our Price $49.95
- Paderno Handheld 2-Blade Spiralizer & Cookbook Sugg. Price $34.90 Our Price $24.95
- OXO Spiralizer $39.95
- Paderno 4-Blade Spiralizer & Spiralizer 2.0 Cookbook Sugg. Price $64.90 Our Price $59.95
- Paderno Collapsible 3-Blade Spiralizer & Spiralizer 2.0 Cookbook Sugg. Price $54.90 Our Price $49.95
- Paderno Handheld 2-Blade Spiralizer & Spiralizer 2.0 Cookbook Sugg. Price $34.90 Our Price $24.95
- Rösle Large Adjustable Slicer $75
- Ceramic Julienne Slicer $24.95
- Williams Sonoma Egg Slicer and Wedger $14.95
- Microplane® 3-in-1 Ginger Tool $14.95
- Williams Sonoma Bagel Cutter $32.95
- Truffle Shaver $19.95
Mandolins and Slicers
Mandolins and slicers are essential tools when you want to make delicious dishes with perfectly prepared ingredients. Mandolins simplify cutting potatoes and other foods paper-thin. Mandolins also dice vegetables, such as onions, into even pieces so you can prepare meals quickly. To switch from slicing to dicing, change the blades on the mandolin, or adjust the setting using the provided knob. For a twist on old favorites, use a spiralizer to create twirls of squash and other vegetables. A spiralizer is a great way to encourage kids to try new vegetables, and the tool creates thin swirls that are a simple substitute for spaghetti and other pasta for gluten-free cooking. Just use your choice of vegetables to create a base for your sauce to enjoy a healthy dish.
Salad is a classic spaghetti side, and salad is a simple solution to eating fresh garden produce in the summer. A chopper is a must-have in your kitchen if you love salads, sandwiches and soups. Opt for a slicer if you want to prepare cheese or vegetable for a quick sandwich, and then use your manual chopper to create a side of seasonal greens. A manual chopper is an option if you don’t want to use a food processor and need a finer dice than a salad chopper provides. Manual choppers are usually operated with a handle and pull cord, but push-through choppers are an option when you just need a salad for one. Hand-powered choppers are a tool that you can use to feed the whole family, including the youngest family members.
To make baby food, just add the desired blend of prepared fruits and vegetables, and continue dicing until the food is pureed. Hand-powered food choppers allow you to easily control the types of food your child eats. A hand-powered chopper is also useful for cooking soups, stews and casseroles. Use the chopper to dice onions and garlic first, and chop carrots, potatoes and other additions while the onions are cooking to minimize cleanup while enjoying a complex, homemade dish.
Sometimes, you need to add julienned or sliced vegetables to your dish. A swivel peeler is a tool that allows you to thinly slice cucumbers and other vegetables easily, plus the peeler is ergonomically designed for comfortable use. Graters are the perfect companion to mandolins & slicers. Use a fine grater to top minestrone with Parmesan cheese, or use a coarse grater to shred cheddar for mac and cheese. Choose a paddle grater if you want to grate cheese and other additions directly into the dish, or opt for a standard box grater to choose between finely and coarsely grated options. Some box graters also have slicing capabilities.
To complete your collection of food prep essentials, add a pair of kitchen shears and a quality paring knife to your tools. Kitchen shears are ideal for cutting chicken and poultry into pieces, and are also useful for chopping herbs and other add-ins. Williams-Sonoma has a selection of kitchen shears to choose from, including pull-apart kitchen shears that are easy to clean after each use. Standard kitchen shears are available, or you can opt for poultry shears if you spend your Sundays roasting chicken or turkey for the family to enjoy. Poultry shears are designed to cut through bone easily to ensure your dinner is perfectly prepared, while multipurpose kitchen shears can open bottles, crack nuts or even remove screws for a truly versatile tool.
To ensure your kitchen is spic and span, cut poultry on a designated cutting board. Standard wooden cutting boards are classic kitchen addition that keeps messes to a minimum. Choose a cutting board that has a depression around the perimeter to keep juices securely on the board. If you like to carve at the table, a second cutting board is a must. Opt for a cutting board that has decorative features, such as a monogram, for special occasions. With the right tools, your meals can be as beautifully presented as they are delicious.