White Sangria with Summer Fruits
Choose the ripest fruits you can find. Feel free to use one or any combination of the fruits listed below (you will need a total of 3 to 4 cups sliced, pitted fruit). If desired, top each glass off with sparkling wine or soda water to create a refreshing beverage that is just right for a hot summer day.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Servings: 6 Serves 4 to 6.
- Ice cubes as needed
- 4 cups dry white wine
- 1/4 cup amaretto liqueur or apricot or peach
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 1 ripe peach, pitted and sliced
- 1 ripe nectarine, pitted and sliced
- 1 ripe apricot, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup pitted and sliced cherries
Fill a large pitcher two-thirds full with ice cubes. Add the wine, liqueur and sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add the peach, nectarine, apricot and cherries and stir to mix. Pour into chilled ice-filled glasses and serve immediately.