Waffles with Cinnamon-Sautéed Apples and Bacon
Rise and shine on autumn mornings to a stack of delicious waffles. These are made with our exclusive mix, which produces waffles with golden crusts and rich, airy interiors. Here, we top them with sautéed apples, strips of crispy bacon and maple syrup for a satisfying morning meal.
- 5 Tbs. (2 1/2 oz./75 g) unsalted butter, melted, plus 3 Tbs.
- 2 cups (16 fl. oz./500 ml) warm water (110° to 120°F)
- 2 1/2 cups Bellegem waffle mix
- 1/4 cup (2 oz./60 g) sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 Fuji or Gala apples, peeled, cored and each cut into 8 slices
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 12 bacon slices, cooked until crispy
- Maple syrup for serving
Using the 5 Tbs. melted butter, the warm water and mix, prepare the waffle batter and cook the waffles according to the package instructions. Keep warm.
In a nonstick fry pan over medium-high heat, melt the 3 Tbs. butter. Add the sugar and cinnamon and cook, stirring frequently, until the sugar has melted, 30 to 60 seconds. Add the apples and vanilla and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, 12 to 14 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice.
Stack the waffles on individual plates and top with the apples and bacon. Drizzle with maple syrup and serve immediately. Serves 4.