- 1 lb. sashimi-quality tuna fillet, preferably
bigeye or yellowfin, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 cup finely minced red onion
- 1 1/2 Tbs. minced green or red jalapeño chili,
seeded if desired
- 2 Tbs. finely minced green onion, white and
light green portions
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbs. Asian sesame oil
- Kosher or sea salt and coarsely ground pepper,
- 1 lemon, quartered
In a bowl, carefully and gently combine the tuna, red onion, chili, green onion, lemon zest, olive oil and sesame oil. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Mound the tuna mixture on individual plates and serve immediately with lemon wedges.