Tropical Chicken Salad
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 2/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 piece fresh ginger, 4 to 5 inches long, peeled
and thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp. salt, plus more, to taste
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper, plus more, to
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs. pineapple juice
- 1 bunch watercress, stemmed
- 1 bunch dandelion greens, stemmed
Remove the chicken from the marinade, reserving the marinade. Place a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once and brushing with the reserved marinade, until the chicken is opaque and the juices run clear, 8 to 10 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, pineapple juice, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, toss the watercress and dandelion greens with the vinaigrette. Divide the greens among 4 plates and top each with a chicken breast.